Test Drove Big Bend Today

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went for a motorcycle ride today since the weather was decent with no particular destination in mind. I try to take my wife on some roads that we haven't been on before.About 3/4 the way through our ride and on our way home we ended up in the town that my dealer is located in. I stopped in for just a basic hello. I have only been there a few times since I placed my reservation and the sales manager has always been very cordial. I don't pester them and have always expressed my understanding that Bronco order builds are substantially out of their control.

I asked the sales manager to print my order again just to make sure all was as it should be. Thanks to him it is a priority 10. I then asked him if the doors were unlocked on the two demos they had. He promptly offered up a test drive and said to take my time with it. I drove the Big Bend since it was not a Big Foot and neither is my Black Diamond order.It was a soft top equipped with the 2.3 auto transmission.I drove it about 12 miles mostly on a 2 lane country highway.

I was given the opportunity to buy this particular vehicle approximately 1 month ago as part of a Ford program for current order holders.The dealer is allowed to sell the vehicle immediately to order holders if they want to buy it on the condition that they cancel their current order.

My current order is the 2.7 and hard top.

The test drive confirmed my decision to stay with what I ordered.

Overall, I did like the Bronco that I test drove but there was a bit of extra noise overhead with the soft top and the 2.3 just felt like a basic 4 cylinder in many regards.It had some pep if you pushed the gas pedal enough. However the power delivery just didn't seem very linear between light and moderately heavy throttle.

Just thought that I would share my experience for anyone that might be interested.
Sponsored