Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A few update to share after a month-ish of service visits:

Ford made right on the issue for some MY2023 Broncos ordered with the modular bumper. Many, like mine were shipped with a plastic “bash plate” instead of metal. Ford corrected this via Customer Satisfaction Program #23B10. Local Lincoln dealer has a great service department and did the work. Only took a couple days to get the parts after calling.

While there, I asked them to take a look at the lingering hood/trail sight/grill body gap issues I’ve been dealing with since getting the bronco back after repairs due to a collision earlier in the year. I also asked them to look into a squeaking sound that seemed to be related to suspension or body flex. The service department declined to repair these issues as they felt they were still the result of the aforementioned collision/repairs made by another dealer. They nicely summarized their assessment, suggested possible service needed, and sent to the dealer that had done the collision repair.

I then took the Bronco back to the body shop that did the collision repair. They confirmed that the Lincoln dealer’s service department was correct and made the recommended repairs - replacing a slightly bent cross brace of some kind that supports the radiator, intercooler, etc. Unfortunately this slightly improved but didn’t fix the body panel fit issues and I’m now working with the body shop and my insurance to figure out what’s next.

Regarding the suspension/body flex squeak, they were able to identify three driver’s side body mount bolts that were not properly torqued from the factory. They fixed this issue.

With the fall weather turning colder here in the Great Lakes, this seemed like a good weekend to swap my summer 33” M/T tires for the new 32” A/Ts that will be better for winter. While I was at it, I also installed an OEM transfer case skid, based upon this post by @anomdeplume

Pics below. Will report back on the tire performance but on a quick trip out to the freeway and back, the ride was quieter, smoother than the Falken M/Ts, as would be expected.

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3221

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3222
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3226
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3228

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SuperWinch SX10sr on a RC High Winch Mount. Hella LEDs wired to the aux switches. Still need to align them and get out in the country for a night test.
Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3615

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pics from the day it was delivered…

…and a few days later when we picked it up and had the dealer install 33s on the stock steelies…

Shout out to Krapohl Ford Lincoln in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Wonderful communication and service through the entire reservation/order/delivery/purchase process.
I love my Base.
And it was only $34,580.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not the most photogenic modification. Rustproofing added last week at Henderson Bros. in Midland, MI. Highly recommend them if you’re in the lower peninsula, eh!

They coat everything inside and out. They sprayed my ‘97 wrangler too. After a couple weeks of strong smells, burnoff and dripping, it’s all good!

Ford Bronco The 2023 Shadow Black Base Experience IMG_3629

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another pic after getting back. Moderate mud on these things looks like the Build & Price renderings.
IMG_2925.jpeg
I’m just going to say it… base steelies with 32s is the best looking wheel/tire combo.

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great and love the mods so far! As a base, shadow black MT owner that also suffered a bad crash, the homecoming has been wonderful! Enjoy her and keep posting!

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m just going to say it… base steelies with 32s is the best looking wheel/tire combo.
Thanks! Those are actually the 33s I run in the summer. But I agree! Utilitarian. Classic.

Reactions: Fly
OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great and love the mods so far! As a base, shadow black MT owner that also suffered a bad crash, the homecoming has been wonderful! Enjoy her and keep posting!
Saw your thread on that. Glad you’re safe and the bronco is back. Definitely gets you over worrying about door dings…
Sponsored