Sponsored

The $64k Dollar Question About 3/27 Order Banks Reopening?

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious if anyone in the know has heard when order banks reopen whether or not only certain trims or configurations will be built?

I am very concerned about all of us with outstanding orders at the time of the order banks reopening having our chances for a production date further diluted by a flood of orders with similar builds at dealers with plenty of allocations.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have anything official but based on their current statements, the goal is to get as much scheduled as possible before the banks reopen. A big motivator for them is to clear out all of the old stuff that's carrying price protection from 2 years ago. My hope is they've heard what people want and pare down the options and/or models that aren't big movers. If that means hard tops, lux, modular bumper, tow aren't available to order right now, so be it. Ford can always send out an email to dealers and let us know these options are no longer constrained OR give dealers an option allocation ahead of time. It apparent the options are more of an issue right now than production capacity so if they're going to keep the allocation model, they need to get more specific should these constraints continue in the near future.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have anything official but based on their current statements, the goal is to get as much scheduled as possible before the banks reopen. A big motivator for them is to clear out all of the old stuff that's carrying price protection from 2 years ago. My hope is they've heard what people want and pare down the options and/or models that aren't big movers. If that means hard tops, lux, modular bumper, tow aren't available to order right now, so be it. Ford can always send out an email to dealers and let us know these options are no longer constrained OR give dealers an option allocation ahead of time. It apparent the options are more of an issue right now than production capacity so if they're going to keep the allocation model, they need to get more specific should these constraints continue in the near future.
I agree with your statement about FoMoCo's goal to get as many scheduled as possible before the order banks reopen.

I have a highly optioned Badlands on order at a large dealership in Nashville. They have told me that their allocations for the current year exceeds their current orders "cary over orders".

Therefore, I have elected not to drop anything from my order. The Ford Video Guy shared Tuesday that there are 7,100 Badlands orders remaining. I love my odds of getting a production date before the end of the 2023MY ONLY IF the opening of order banks are delayed or the configurations for orders are limited.

Do you honestly think FoMoCo would purposely avoid scheduling any "carry over" orders in preference for "newly" placed orders once order banks are open? I have faith they will build orders based on dealer allocation and outstanding orders regardless of whether or not an order has price protection.

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because new orders are taken when the order banks open does not mean they will push currently placed orders later. Dealer told me likely 8 month minimum wait. We all know what that can mean. Why would Ford drop a useful tool for measuring the market and getting new buyers excited to jump on the bandwagon? Ordering is still a fairly soft commitment as far as Ford is concerned and it’s the only way to reliably get MSRP for the spec a buyer wants. Overall doesn’t seem terrible if the banks open provided they continue to prioritize existing orders.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am curious if anyone in the know has heard when order banks reopen whether or not only certain trims or configurations will be built?

I am very concerned about all of us with outstanding orders at the time of the order banks reopening having our chances for a production date further diluted by a flood of orders with similar builds at dealers with plenty of allocations.
No need to be concerned. Ford is going to do whatever they want. It does no good to worry about an unknown outcome. Worrying won't change the end result. You really have two choices. #1 cancel your order and move on. #2 throw the dice and ride it out. I chose #2 for my Wildtrak, MIC, Lux. Hopefully I get built, if not I will do something else.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with your statement about FoMoCo's goal to get as many scheduled as possible before the order banks reopen.

I have a highly optioned Badlands on order at a large dealership in Nashville. They have told me that their allocations for the current year exceeds their current orders "cary over orders".

Therefore, I have elected not to drop anything from my order. The Ford Video Guy shared Tuesday that there are 7,100 Badlands orders remaining. I love my odds of getting a production date before the end of the 2023MY ONLY IF the opening of order banks are delayed or the configurations for orders are limited.

Do you honestly think FoMoCo would purposely avoid scheduling any "carry over" orders in preference for "newly" placed orders once order banks are open? I have faith they will build orders based on dealer allocation and outstanding orders regardless of whether or not an order has price protection.
I do believe it will happen but probably not in great numbers nor will they be highly optioned builds. There are some dealers out there (don't know how many) that probably have allocation but their orders are caught up so it could be a matter of them getting stock but if a retail order comes it, it is supposed to take priority over a stock unit. I've not yet met anyone that's been able to tell me, with any degree of confidence, how or why Ford pulls specific orders to be built. Yea, there's a general framework but the actual "formula" is extremely complex and is likely getting tweaked daily based on what their upstream suppliers are telling them.

My suggestion is to not get bent out of shape if people show up on the boards saying they got scheduled 3 weeks after the bank opens up again. Too many variables we don't see or know about to actually figure out the why.

I placed a new order in WBDO for my next BL but it only allowed it to go in as "stock" at a PC 80, not retail. When the banks open again I'll probably roll it to a retail order assuming the majority of my customers have already gotten build dates. If not, I'll still roll it to retail but leave it at a PC 99 assuming they allow 99 to be used again. (at the current time all orders have to have a 19 or lower PC, any retail 99s after next month are supposed to be deleted by Ford)

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'd hope that means there should be some healthy scheduling next month - if they plan to schedule as much as they can. Other than the huge scheduling of base/manual/specialty a couple of weeks ago it's been barren since then.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'd hope that means there should be some healthy scheduling next month - if they plan to schedule as much as they can. Other than the huge scheduling of base/manual/specialty a couple of weeks ago it's been barren since then.
We've got 21 showing but that will be over the course for ?? weeks. Have not been told if that's going to be all we're guaranteed for what's still in there or what. I try to stay out of the sales side of things and our rep is horrible about communicating so I've got to wait until my sales manager gets back next week to see what was or wasn't communicated.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is going to do whatever they want.
We’ll, kind of…. As a public corporation, Ford’s obligation is to maximize their shareholder’s value. As with any manufacturing operation with employees, you want to keep the process going to best utilize the resources, equipment and labor. Equipment and employee’s standing idle costs thousands (x100?) of dollars a day.

If Ford runs out of specific parts to build a certain configuration, they are going to build something else to keep their manufacturing process going, they’re not just going to stand around, “Crap, Bill was next but we don’t have those parts yet”. This will no doubt mean that a new order might get built before an existing order, not even considering dealer allocations.

Yes, I agree, the process sucks for order holders.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've got 21 showing but that will be over the course for ?? weeks. Have not been told if that's going to be all we're guaranteed for what's still in there or what. I try to stay out of the sales side of things and our rep is horrible about communicating so I've got to wait until my sales manager gets back next week to see what was or wasn't communicated.
Yeah - I think my dealer mentioned they had 13. This dealer also still has around 100 orders remaining. I dropped from Wildtrak to Badlands and removed the big 3, but I'm worried about order banks opening again and that more stuff will get potentially constrained. I've already done my due diligence, and this is about the end of the road as far as modifying my order any more than I'm willing to go.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My feeling is since you did switch as requested, you'll get pulled. Which scheduling window that will happen is the great unknown. The folks on the bubble are those with the sins that didn't make the change. Still think those will be given priority over any new business when the banks open even if they go into next year and lose PP.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ll, kind of…. As a public corporation, Ford’s obligation is to maximize their shareholder’s value. As with any manufacturing operation with employees, you want to keep the process going to best utilize the resources, equipment and labor. Equipment and employee’s standing idle costs thousands (x100?) of dollars a day.

I agree…

If Ford runs out of specific parts to build a certain configuration, they are going to build something else to keep their manufacturing process going, they’re not just going to stand around, “Crap, Bill was next but we don’t have those parts yet”. This will no doubt mean that a new order might get built before an existing order, not even considering dealer allocations.

Yes, I agree, the process sucks for order holders.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My feeling is since you did switch as requested, you'll get pulled. Which scheduling window that will happen is the great unknown. The folks on the bubble are those with the sins that didn't make the change. Still think those will be given priority over any new business when the banks open even if they go into next year and lose PP.
If “carry over” orders with the deadly sins are left, I just find it hard to believe they will not be built before the end of November, considered they are given some kind of priority. There are 8 more months of scheduling for the 2023MY.

Last edited:

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although I got my build date... I'll still be pissed if Ford does not schedule every single year one reservation before reopening order banks. Regardless of constraints. They were perfectly fine with building later placed orders with those same constraints for other people. Complete slap in the face to those who've waited the longest.

I will say it does appear they are at least making an effort lately, so we'll see.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I already posted on your equivalent Bronco Nation post. But yes, I generally agree with @flip. I don't think Ford will completely block out all of the constrained options on WBDO though, only the ones that are balanced out. The reason why I say this is because Ford provided dealers with an allocation estimates a month (ish) ago. So it seems Ford may just be giving dealers the allocation estimate information and letting them make their own decisions.

Which sucks, because... you know some dealers are going to screw it up for their customers. But I guess we won't know for sure until it happens I suppose.
my dealer that had my WT order still swears they don't have that info so I think we can definitely count on some dealers screwing it up.
Sponsored