Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for the same low profile in-bumper winch mount. Not a fan of the options out there currently. I like what you are doing here and can’t wait to see the final product but looking great so far.

I saw somewhere (wish I remembered, maybe on B6G?) that someone fit a smaller winch made for SXS in that spot on the OEM modular bumper. Anyone else see this and can direct me to that post? Just gathering ideas at the moment — this and that one are the best I’ve seen so far.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking for the same low profile in-bumper winch mount. Not a fan of the options out there currently. I like what you are doing here and can’t wait to see the final product but looking great so far.

I saw somewhere (wish I remembered, maybe on B6G?) that someone fit a smaller winch made for SXS in that spot on the OEM modular bumper. Anyone else see this and can direct me to that post? Just gathering ideas at the moment — this and that one are the best I’ve seen so far.

I did see that about the SXS winch, don't remember where it was right off the top of my head. I will say this in regards to winches. As a rule of thumb I was always taught when sizing a winch to use the vehicle weight X2. When stuck in mud it can act like a suction holding onto the vehicle, the more pulling power the better. The Bronc weighs 4500-5000 lbs generally. So a 9500-12000 lbs winch should do the job. Many SXS or ATV winches are only 2500-4500 lbs. A bit on the "light" side for the Bronc.

Hope to get that thing mounted here soon so I can move on to my skids.

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did see that about the SXS winch, don't remember where it was right off the top of my head. I will say this in regards to winches. As a rule of thumb I was always taught when sizing a winch to use the vehicle weight X2. When stuck in mud it can act like a suction holding onto the vehicle, the more pulling power the better. The Bronc weighs 4500-5000 lbs generally. So a 9500-12000 lbs winch should do the job. Many SXS or ATV winches are only 2500-4500 lbs. A bit on the "light" side for the Bronc.

Hope to get that thing mounted here soon so I can move on to my skids.
Yea. I seem to recall it might have been like an 8500 or something, so not completely useless. But you’d have to be creative with some pulleys if you got in a pinch. Probably wouldn’t straight pull.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw it on FB with a short drum winch used for competitive rock crawlers.

Not cheap though, $2200 winch.

Link to fb post

^ Side note, anyone annoyed as fuck about how this forum handles external links? It tried to create a "media item" from this share link that was totally broken. And I hate how it insists on downloading and hosting photos vs letting me just link to photos from my Flickr that I already pay for to host my media. :mad:

OP
OP
BAUS67

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Link to fb post

^ Side note, anyone annoyed as fuck about how this forum handles external links? It tried to create a "media item" from this share link that was totally broken. And I hate how it insists on downloading and hosting photos vs letting me just link to photos from my Flickr that I already pay for to host my media. :mad:

Oh yeah. Thats it. It was this one.

https://www.warn.com/90rc-winch-71550

Ford Bronco The "Baus" Bronc 1695312684856

Sponsored

NJBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Bravo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Link to fb post

Awesome, thanks! Yea, that’s pricy but if you factor in not needing a new bumper it somewhat offsets the added cost for the winch.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome, thanks! Yea, that’s pricy but if you factor in not needing a new bumper it somewhat offsets the added cost for the winch.
30 feet less rope though so you would be needing to carry winch line extensions as well.
Sponsored