Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am very happy to report that we picked up our A-51 Big Bend last Friday afternoon, two days after the dealer notified me of its arrival.
Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Landed IMG_20220204_131708681_HDR

We were/are:
  • 7/18/20 res
  • 3/19/21 order
  • 1/10/22 build week
  • 7-spd
  • MIC
  • Tow
  • Rear locker
Out of the gate, we absolutely love this vehicle: Super comfortable, manual is awesome, 8" screen with all the tech features and configurable gauges is super fun, looks killer, a blast to drive (so far at no more than 50mph for break-in...still fun). All-in-all, zero complaints and the hassle of the long wait is now a distant memory.

Originally I had specced out a manual Badlands w/Lux, but my wife convinced me that Big Bend would be plenty awesome for significantly less money and she was 100% correct. Not at all knocking the Badlands awesomeness and capability -- that trim is bad ass. But it was just more wheelin' tech than we would ever need or use. And I would have been completely pissed had we sprung for Lux and not received the digital HVAC dials! Below is our Big Bend layout...manual all the way and totally intuitive and excellent.

Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Landed IMG_5369

Coupla quick Big Bend shout-outs:
  • Wheels look awesome in person, even better than I expected
  • Fog lights are fantastic...super bright and penetrating
  • Blown away by the ease of pairing the touch screen with my wife's iPhone or my Android. Perfect for Maps and streaming, etc.
  • Rear view camera is super clear and responsive
  • Can't get over how feature-rich the cluster is: 4wd layout + off-road angles, options for engine + oil temp, even a boost gauge, etc., etc...flippin' sweet!
  • Oh yeah, also was thinking I'd have a bit of hero switch envy with just three on the top of the dash (rear locker, traction control, + hazards)....but nope. The available space is the perfect size/slot to lay the key into.
  • Ours reminds me of the original Land Rovers and last gen Defender with the skinnier tires and mud flaps...it's the vibe I was hoping for and we achieved.
Of note, my dealer -- Future Ford of Concord, CA -- 100% held true to their word and honored MSRP, just as they said they would since 2020. No signed contract, no special deposit, no surprise b.s. Simply kept their word like the true professionals that they are. Everyone I dealt with there was first class, and I will be sure add this info to the relevant dealer threads.

i am posting this to share our satisfaction after all the delay and frustration: the new Bronco is kick ass. Hopefully this offers some hope and inspiration to all of you still waiting for yours. The long delay was a PITA but worth it. Like all the reviews say, Ford nailed it. If you can hang in there a little longer, I promise you won't be sorry.
Ford Bronco The Bronco Has Landed IMG_20220206_105541436_HDR

IMG_20220206_105541436_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Enjoyed reading this and am glad for you. Thankful the dealer was spot on.
Enjoy and let us know when you get mud on it.

OP
OP
Analog Kid

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right on, thanks! Just realized I accidentally posted it in "Steering/Chassis" but glad you found and enjoyed it anyway. Mud coming soon (y)

Nxtr06

Wildtrak
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome looking ride.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am very happy to report that we picked up our A-51 Big Bend last Friday afternoon, two days after the dealer notified me of its arrival.

We were/are:
  • 7/18/20 res
  • 3/19/21 order
  • 1/10/22 build week
  • 7-spd
  • MIC
  • Tow
  • Rear locker
Out of the gate, we absolutely love this vehicle: Super comfortable, manual is awesome, 8" screen with all the tech features and configurable gauges is super fun, looks killer, a blast to drive (so far at no more than 50mph for break-in...still fun). All-in-all, zero complaints and the hassle of the long wait is now a distant memory.

Originally I had specced out a manual Badlands w/Lux, but my wife convinced me that Big Bend would be plenty awesome for significantly less money and she was 100% correct. Not at all knocking the Badlands awesomeness and capability -- that trim is bad ass. But it was just more wheelin' tech than we would ever need or use. And I would have been completely pissed had we sprung for Lux and not received the digital HVAC dials! Below is our Big Bend layout...manual all the way and totally intuitive and excellent.

Coupla quick Big Bend shout-outs:
  • Wheels look awesome in person, even better than I expected
  • Fog lights are fantastic...super bright and penetrating
  • Blown away by the ease of pairing the touch screen with my wife's iPhone or my Android. Perfect for Maps and streaming, etc.
  • Rear view camera is super clear and responsive
  • Can't get over how feature-rich the cluster is: 4wd layout + off-road angles, options for engine + oil temp, even a boost gauge, etc., etc...flippin' sweet!
  • Oh yeah, also was thinking I'd have a bit of hero switch envy with just three on the top of the dash (rear locker, traction control, + hazards)....but nope. The available space is the perfect size/slot to lay the key into.
  • Ours reminds me of the original Land Rovers and last gen Defender with the skinnier tires and mud flaps...it's the vibe I was hoping for and we achieved.
Of note, my dealer -- Future Ford of Concord, CA -- 100% held true to their word and honored MSRP, just as they said they would since 2020. No signed contract, no special deposit, no surprise b.s. Simply kept their word like the true professionals that they are. Everyone I dealt with there was first class, and I will be sure add this info to the relevant dealer threads.

i am posting this to share our satisfaction after all the delay and frustration: the new Bronco is kick ass. Hopefully this offers some hope and inspiration to all of you still waiting for yours. The long delay was a PITA but worth it. Like all the reviews say, Ford nailed it. If you can hang in there a little longer, I promise you won't be sorry.

Congratulations on your Bronco! Welcome to the Ford Family.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Analog Kid

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome looking ride.
Many thanks! All stock configuration so have to give FordMoCo credit for the off-the-shelf color/accessory options.

OP
OP
Analog Kid

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congratulations on your Bronco! Welcome to the Ford Family.
Thanks very much, Ford Motor Company! We appreciate your achievement with the Bronco and are happy and feel fortunate to have one in our driveway.
Sponsored