Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right, the Japanese suck at quality engineering.... LMFAO.
What? Are we talking TVs? I was talking engineering overall. The world sends their smartest here to become engineers.

Are you thinking Toyota? Don’t make me laugh man. Until last year Toyota had you paying full price for 25 year old tech and design; that’s just silly.

Engineering in the US is innovative; the rest of the world copies us, so yeah, no one comes close to the engineering quality of the United States. Tesla, Rivian, Apple, the entire military industrial complex….

Just a fact.
Sponsored

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm more curious about this drone flight control system that's integrated.
FORD, AMERICAN COMPANY, giving other countries costumers access to cool new tech, that we don't even have a mention of eventually releasing!!
What's this about the chip for self driving and what not also being included standard? That's some annoying crap, in my opinion.
Good for those customers, but boy do I feel a little annoyed as someone in the tech industry.

Edit to add - also obviously the instrument panel - want it. Maybe I'll break mine and need a warranty replacement, and just have them drop that in instead. 😉
I have heard that a drone flight option was coming to the US. Including a rooftop landing platform. I have a friend who is a Ford Engineer. I cant say any more than he shared this with me a few weeks ago; but there are some cool new mobile and drone app features planned to be coming soon.

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean, I'm pretty sure I could find a compatible drone - if the tech works on their Broncos, bring it over here. Translating the app shouldn't be too difficult, unless it's an android auto or iPhone app only for the China market.
totally doable right now...I could set up a drone controlled on the broncos screen TODAY if I wanted.
you only need a $200 black box....carlinkpro or similar, and a drone that is controlled by app on yer I phone or androids device...easy.

On the forscan side of things for the gauge and likely of many other modules, it seems to me like pure logic that the Russian or Soviet based forescan folks could likely Market their as built information and even module programming and reverse engineering, to their friendly Chinese neighbors... I would venture to guess that one side of the , (what used to be the USSR), that is quite friendly with the Europe countries and their neighbors; do plenty of Commerce... and share,steal,hack,buy information from car manufacturers and computer companies like Bosch that make ECUs and modules for many manufacturers, additionally on the other side of (what used to be the USSR), they're friendly Chinese neighbors likely pay for that, data, intellectual information or it is traded from the European side of the continent.

Watch for Chinese made broncos in Russian logging videos coming to u tube soon!!! 🤣😅😆

Last edited:

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The price of the Ranger Raptor in the Philippines is about $40k... And it has 500nm of torque thanks to the turbo diesel it's rocking.

And yes, you can compare an American price to the Philippines price, especially when you bring your American income to the Philippines.
(y)
The Chinese version Ranger also has a diesel engine option. I believe it is 2.3L.

Sponsored

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forget all the rah rah America! stuff for just a moment…my question was (and is) is our current cluster made in China? If that is the case, then I worry less about if it’ll convert to the US version properly. Anyone know?

Jtbob3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The FAA requires a drone to have a pilot in command. Even flying automatically to GPS waypoints, someone is still responsible. Yeah, you can have a drone follow your bike, but it might be a stretch for the FAA to accept that you can drive a car and be the person in charge of the drone at the same time. Ford probably does not want to get in trouble with the FAA or get sued by someone who got hit by your drone while you were flying/driving. Gonna take some lawyers to figure this one out.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What? Are we talking TVs? I was talking engineering overall. The world sends their smartest here to become engineers.

Are you thinking Toyota? Don’t make me laugh man. Until last year Toyota had you paying full price for 25 year old tech and design; that’s just silly.

Engineering in the US is innovative; the rest of the world copies us, so yeah, no one comes close to the engineering quality of the United States. Tesla, Rivian, Apple, the entire military industrial complex….

Just a fact.
Go compare an American bathroom with a Japanese bathroom... It's embarrassing. I wasn't thinking about Toyota, but go to Japan sometime and then tell me about innovation.

Sure, parts of Japan are behind the times, but many aspects of Japan are amazing. Tell me about American bullet trains sometime... Hyper-loop will be here any day now.

The US has a lock on the military-industrial complex, no doubt, but the Japanese are not lacking in engineering skills.

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why's everyone complaining about the self driving not being on the us bronco? All that tech is quite literally there if you have the lux package, you're just missing the software. If your vehicle has lane departure that does more than beeps at you and nearly rips the wheel from your hands guess what your vehicle can drive itself, and only a simple ota update would be needed to enable it. Toyotas had this tech on their cars since 2017 or so and I can only imagine Ford is the same.

Donkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be cheaper for them to just produce a single ip for the whole line, and the standard one looks like they realized that they needed one the night before the deadline and just slapped together the most basic uninspired gui since dos.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm must be the only one that likes the base panel. I admit it would be better without the analog speedo, but aside from that the screens are great and I like it better than anything else I've driven.
I think the two main gripes are the redundant speedo and the bar-graph tach. Ford could have put an analog tach where the analog speedo is (and drop the digital tach) and most of us would have been OK with the dash not being fully digital.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the two main gripes are the redundant speedo and the bar-graph tach. Ford could have put an analog tach where the analog speedo is (and drop the digital tach) and most of us would have been OK with the dash not being fully digital.
This

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes mine's even an auto and I wish it had an analog tach. Analog tach + digital speedo or analog tach + analog speedo + digital additional is still the best layout IMO.

I love everything else about the Bronco, but I still like the Wrangler's cluster more.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes mine's even an auto and I wish it had an analog tach. Analog tach + digital speedo or analog tach + analog speedo + digital additional is still the best layout IMO.

I love everything else about the Bronco, but I still like the Wrangler's cluster more.
This. The JL cluster is nearly perfect. Analog tach and speedo and whatever you want to put in between.

The Bronco unit had to have been designed by an intern...

shoptb2277

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2d 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The US mid-cycle refresh Bronco will almost certainly spread the fully digital instrument cluster to all models.
Sponsored