First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we think that the all digital gauge cluster from the Raptor is going to filter down to the rest of the models for 2023?

It is such a significant improvement over the horrible current gauges.

I certainly hope it does!
I think we'll see it added to the Lux package for the mid-cycle refresh. Then subsequent years it will filter down to the lower trims.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think so but not if it requires more chips
Well technically having the two different dashes requires more chips. The one in the raptor is a carryover item from the Explorer/Aviator and Escape/Corsair

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
did it trickle down to all the mustangs now, it was an option originally right? I would think it's cheaper for ford to just carry 1 part.

4XFUN

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford f-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe Ford was trying to capture the feel of the old speedo on the left of the steering wheel in the 66-77s.

Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After driving mine for almost 5 months, I can tell you the dash gets lost really quick. Not to mention it is a screen after all, they could OTA update it pretty easily to look like something else or give more options. Meh, this isnt high on my list. I think many would take more cup holders, rear vents, better overhead lighting, and a long list of other (what were you thinking Ford) on changes for MYs than something as inconsequential as the dash layout.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After seeing the details on the new Braptor gauges, the tech person in me had the exact question of this thread... On the flip side, I also own a 2019 Corvette and wish the digital displays were not there. As years go by, it is those displays that will really age the vehicle. Analog gauges are timeless. Technology is definitely a double-sided sword.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO you won’t see any real changes to the Bronco trims until MY25. Ford will not get 90%+ of the original reservation holders done until 2023. I believe they will take a year to actually breathe a bit then in 2025 they will come out with a hybrid/EV and design changes.

Sponsored

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Calling the current dash “horrible” is a gross overstatement. It is for sure unimpressive, antiquated and lame but it is functional.

That said a dash that was actually cool and looks and acts like it had some thought put into it would be welcomed. But Ford is not going to make the Bronco more expensive to produce and require more microchips.
Nahh... coming from someone with a bit of UI experience, it's horrible. And it's not like it would have taken any more microchips or a bigger screen or a faster processor to make it better. All it would have taken was for them to actually try and make it as good as the rest of the vehicle, by designing a UI/UX that actually shows people what they want and doesn't show things they don't want (like two speedometers).

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only glance at 2 things on the display. Speed and temp gauges. I’d like to see the standard dual analog with selectable digital layout in the middle like other have been successful with. I think they dropped the ball on making this have bronco dna in it even if they say the left speedo pays homage. Seems more like afterthought.

End of the day the dash has zero effect on my enjoyment driving the bronco.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO you won’t see any real changes to the Bronco trims until MY25. Ford will not get 90%+ of the original reservation holders done until 2023. I believe they will take a year to actually breathe a bit then in 2025 they will come out with a hybrid/EV and design changes.
MY25? I'm afraid we will never see any real changes. This going to be Ford's version of a Challenger. It will run unchanged for as long as ICE engines are profitable, and then stopped being produced. It will probably be a shorter run than the Challenger though, maybe more like the Toyota FJ.

I think in 23 and beyond we will start seeing slightly less tech due to chip shortages.

I think the 2D which can't house a battery cell, is going to be very short for this world.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish it looked like this….
Ford Bronco 2023 Gauge Cluster 499F4EB4-FDCB-44B4-B79F-0FD6FB3E2E3E
having a manual, I definitely would have payed for a retro gauge option like that. especially with a tach mounted to the dash accessory rail.
Sponsored