Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Chinese Ranger got the ZF 8HP gearbox, not the 10 speed one. Is it the same set up with the chinese Bronco? If so, I am jealous.
I think so. Lot of articles claim it will be built with an 8 speed instead of the 10 speed. Not sure if it is the ZF. But it is manufactured in China so it's a lot cheaper to go with that over a 10R60/80
Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm more curious about this drone flight control system that's integrated.
FORD, AMERICAN COMPANY, giving other countries costumers access to cool new tech, that we don't even have a mention of eventually releasing!!
What's this about the chip for self driving and what not also being included standard? That's some annoying crap, in my opinion.
Good for those customers, but boy do I feel a little annoyed as someone in the tech industry.

Edit to add - also obviously the instrument panel - want it. Maybe I'll break mine and need a warranty replacement, and just have them drop that in instead. 😉
No way I want a self driving chip!!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way I want a self driving chip!!
Haha, you've got the most technologically advanced Bronco they offer with your Raptor. There's more computer chips and sensors in that thing than most of ours.
You don't have to use it but at the very least it'd bump the resale value just if it was available for future use.

Kevink820

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4door base
Your Bronco Model
Base
@pandamotorworks has the digital dash upgrade available here in STL. Want to pull the trigger but it’s a pricy upgrade

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is our (regular non-Raptor) cluster made in China?

Sponsored

Phoenix Justice

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150- Fusion- Mustang- YJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i sure don't.
No fan of China here, been saying it for 30 years their coming.
Watch “American Factory” on Netflix and see how serious they are at just making glass and the American worker their trying to train.
They've been quietly working hard with our money while we’ve been quietly asleep at the switch.
If everyone doesn’t see the difference in work ethic your the one their coming for.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed! What a slap in the face for us Americans! More tech at a cheaper price for CHINA!!! The Raptor dash should already be in our Broncos and not the 1999 Hyundai instrument cluster we received.
Go ahead -- buy a car made in China.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Messed up. We were promised that IP and upgraded dash from the beginning on the FE then they pulled it all out. I've grown used to the current IP but it is easily my least favorite aspect of what is an otherwise awesome rig.
Also my biggest frustration at this point, being told we'd get the premium dash.

Sponsored

rainallday

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if it's cheaper, it wont just be on labor, I bet there will be parts and features that got re-engineered to cut costs. might look same but might not be as capable.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They do. Both Bronco and Ranger. And if you check the Chinese version of Ranger price, you will be surprised
The price of the Ranger Raptor in the Philippines is about $40k... And it has 500nm of torque thanks to the turbo diesel it's rocking.

And yes, you can compare an American price to the Philippines price, especially when you bring your American income to the Philippines.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agree with you here that Chinese "built" stuff will be just fine. I'm sitting here typing on a MacBook Pro Assembled in China and honestly wouldn't want to see it done anyplace else and especially not here, as Americans have alergies to hard work these days.

However, when it comes to cars "from" China, I'll say absolutely not. No one is even close to touching the engineering quality of the US, no matter what you read someplace. No, I don't want a Vision Pro, but it's the best tech you'd have ever seen and that's just a fact as nothing comes close, just like nothing comes close to this Mac.

Think the distinction of where something is designed and where it is made is important to differentiate.
You're right, the Japanese suck at quality engineering.... LMFAO.

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

if it's cheaper, it wont just be on labor, I bet there will be parts and features that got re-engineered to cut costs. might look same but might not be as capable.
Sort of like the snap on tools floor winch?

The one that harbor freight sells for a third the price made on the same assembly line?
Sponsored