Sponsored

The BRONCO is so good it makes my wife a believer.....

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco The BRONCO is so good it makes my wife a believer..... ACD8EF3C-9843-46BA-9DB3-82E959AF526F

I was finally able to attend the Bronco Off Rodeo and take my wife along. I was so impressed by the experience I wanted to share it with the community. Like many of you I have been frustrated by the production delays, but after 2 days of driving the Bronco I can tell you I would wait another year for this vehicle if I had too.

Due to a flight delay we arrived several hours late to the first day in Austin. ( For the record I would stay at Horseshoe Bay instead of downtown Austin if I could do it over again). Due to our tardiness we had to ride with the instructor the first day instead of getting our own Bronco. As my wife approached the first obstacle of notable difficulty I fully expected to be switching seats with her so I could pilot the Bronco through the obstacle. However, with the instructors guidance my wife ( who has notably never driven off road before in anything ) was confidently driving over and through obstacles which I would have walked first in my F150. As I watched this take place from the rear seat I was not only amazed by how capable the stock Bronco was ( we were in a squatched Badlands ) ,but how the vehicle imparted such a huge sense of confidence into my wife. Within a short time she was managing the sway bar, goat modes, lockers etc like she had been offroading her entire life. In her first hour of offroading I watched her climb ledges I couldn’t do in my F150 and descend a 35 degree hill. In fact if I had any complaint it was that the Bronco imparted so much confidence into her that she had no idea how difficult these obstacles are for the vast majority of stock vehicles.

We arrived on time for day 2 and the instructor let us drive without him in our own Bronco. We picked another squatched badlands as we felt this would approximate our FE on order. I finally got to drive and it wasn’t long before I had the window down listening to music as the Bronco effortlessly went over everything. My wife loves the technology and interior which I felt was a little ‘gimmicky’ but even I was soon using the spotter cameras to negotiate obstacles. As someone that is frequently out on the trails alone I can’t tell you how nice it was to not get out and walk an obstacle first.

We closed out the second day with the high speed course and the fun haver. We each took a lap behind the wheel on the high speed course and I let the tail get loose a few times and it felt completely predictable and under control. My wife then drove her lap and I held on for dear life as she went over one of the whoops fast enough to get air. I braced for impact and I couldn’t believe how softly the Bronco set us down. My wife was driving like Ivan “Iron Man”Stewart and the Bronco took great care of us.

Finally, we rode in the seats while our instructor did a hot lap on the “Fun Haver”. Ford is genius by letting the two off road racers develop this experience. I literally have no words to convey how amazing it was. It is something everyone should experience for themselves. The suspension setup on this vehicle is unreal. I’ve never driven an ultra 4 car, but one lap on the fun haver made us feel like we were buying a race car.

My wife was so impressed by the new Bronco we are selling her Audi Q7 because in her words and I’m quoting here “this makes the Audi look like a piece of sh!t”. It looks like we are going to order a 2nd Bronco.

When I heard my wife say that I realized the new Bronco is more than the sum of its parts. It appeals to the soccer mom as well as the dad that wants a daily driver he can wheel.

I have to give a huge shoutout to FORD’s engineering department. They really have created something special here.

I would definitely encourage everyone to take advantage of the Off Rodeo experience. It exceeded all of our expectations and convinced us the Bronco was 110% worth waiting for. It is a very special vehicle.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does she know it periodically stops on the highway when it doesn't like a sensor reading? 😂

But anyway, congrats! Glad she is totally on board! (y)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice!! I ordered one for my wife and after I test drove a 4 door squatch this last week I was so impressed and excited about the Bronco I too went home and decided to buy a 2nd Bronco!

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just got back this weekend. And yes I'm very impressed with the Bronco. It's amazing what it can handle. The fun haver with the instructors driving is Crazy! The Off Roadeo was awesome.
Sponsored