Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I walk down there with a big black crow flying behind me, and my moonstone earrings, and buy up a bunch of fresh herbs. I think they believe I dabble in dark magic. It is not a friendly no charge - they don't speak to me at all!

I buy the herbs to make my own gin.
Bathtub Gin?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GardenGirl

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Sasquatch Lux Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think I'd move.
If you spend a lot of time outside, and you're quiet, a lot of critters will get comfortable around you. They are curious about what we are doing (and all the food we have).

OP
OP
GardenGirl

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Es el diablo!
Yes, he is!

When I'm at work, he hangs out on the top of the taco place about half a mile away. Once in a while I go there for lunch and he goes nuts letting me know he sees me. He sees all.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GardenGirl

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s pretty cool. Hopefully it learns to love the Bronco. They say crows are as smart as chimpanzees, use tools, self aware, great memory. Interesting birds.
He's very smart. He likes to get one over on the dog, you can see him picking up the dog's biscuits and figuring a way to take them all. He won't eat them he just doesn't want to have to watch the dog eat them.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well GG, that's a feel good story that has made my day. Thank you for that. As smart as this bird is I'm guessing he/she doesn't like change. But, I'd bet in time it will get used to the Bronco.

BTW, what did you name your friend?

OP
OP
GardenGirl

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is awesome. I’ve heard stories like this about crows over the years. Even long term studies have been done and concluded that crows have amazing memories - they can remember specific faces for over a decade.
I had a friend come over and Dremel my dogs nails. He wanted to know exactly what was being done to the dog.

That squirrel hanging around he gets along good with - they both taunt the poor dog, for nothing but their own satisfaction.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be a color thing for the crow. Crows are very smart, I bet he'll warm up to your Bronco soon.

We had a local wildlife biologist who rehabilitated a Prairie Falcon (had a broken wishbone) and he drove a white Tacoma. I had a white F150. Once he released the falcon back into the wild near my ranch, it followed my F150 around for a couple of weeks until it finally moved on to happier hunting grounds.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GardenGirl

GardenGirl

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well GG, that's a feel good story that has made my day. Thank you for that. As smart as this bird is I'm guessing he/she doesn't like change. But, I'd bet in time it will get used to the Bronco.

BTW, what did you name your friend?
I call him Nevermore.

When other crows come by, people ask me how I know which one is him.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crows and ravens not only recognize human faces, researchers were able to prove that they pass down information to their children and even their grandchildren about which ones of the faces belong to the humans who are "bad".

The researches wore masks with different faces. One of the faces intentionally pissed off the birds. Even after they stopped pestering the birds, they still made danger calls whenever they saw that face. And even two generations later, birds who were never pestered still gave warning calls when they saw that face.

Ever since I saw that, I try extra hard not to piss off the ravens that hang around where I work.🤣🤣

@GardenGirl thank you so much for posting this. Maybe if you start leaving the dog biscuits near the Bronco he will learn to like it.😁😁

Last edited: