Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2010 Raptor, 2018 TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As much as I want to be a proud owner of a new Ford Bronco I have realized that the juice is not worth the squeeze. I had a 07/14 reservation for a Badlands 2 door, and I couldn't wait to get my Bronco. The dealership that originally had that reservation never called or sent me an email. So I turned to the internet to do as much research on the Bronco that I could, that is when I found this forum. All of the forum members were just as excited as I was to get our new rides. After months of no information from Ford or my dealership, this guy named Albert got on here and started to give good reliable information to us. It later came out that he worked for a small dealership in a small town in Iowa, but he grew a nation wide following for the dealership where he worked by giving us information we were craving. I like many of you switched our reservations to this dealership because Ford had said that Bronco reservations would be delivered before there was dealer stock. What some people have forgotten or they weren't on this forum yet, was Granger originally only committed to guaranteeing X-plan prices and no ADM. It was only after Ford announced that not all reservations would be filled in 2021 did Granger announce the "October" special. They did it as a way to get people like me, who did not have to have a first year Bronco, pushed off till 2022. I was glad to wait, Ford had already said that I would get my build before dealer stock and that way one more person could move up the build list.

When Ford announced that it changed the allocation formula I realized it would be several more years before I would get a new Bronco. I was disappointed, but when I just read what Mike Levine just wrote on Twitter I got pissed. I will cancel my order for this Bronco and I will start the build on my 1966 Bronco instead. In a few years after all this BS as passed by I will look up Granger Ford and buy a used Bronco at that point.

I hope more people who cancel their orders share their experiences so maybe Ford will understand how Fucked up this launch has been.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DVOStandard

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm seriously considering taking the Gladiator offer from Granger instead of following through on the Bronco. Been raiding the B&P and perusing the 2022 order guide...

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have never seen a more screwed up launch of a new vehicle. Would have been better if they just built them as shipped them with no orders or reservations. Now it's all about the $$$$. If you got $15K+ over MSRP you might find one you like in a few months. Seems that the number of ones hitting the streets is very small. Maybe in another year.........................

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not being disrespectful - I sympathize with everything you say and agree Ford has conducted itself as a complete shitbag company. However, your post also points out why Ford just doesn't care...you will bail on the reservation they can't/won't fill anyhow but then come back to papa Ford in a few years. It's like the people who say they are done with Bronco so they are buying a Ranger Tremor or something. End result, Ford wins both ways.

After 25 years, the pent-up demand for this vehicle was tremendous and the designers and engineers did a fantastic job but then Ford corporate and marketing shit the bed...and burned the mattress.

Anyhow, good luck with the '66 build!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Exothermic

Exothermic

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2010 Raptor, 2018 TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not being disrespectful - I sympathize with everything you say and agree Ford has conducted itself as a complete shitbag company. However, your post also points out why Ford just doesn't care...you will bail on the reservation they can't/won't fill anyhow but then come back to papa Ford in a few years. It's like the people who say they are done with Bronco so they are buying a Ranger Tremor or something. End result, Ford wins both ways.

After 25 years, the pent-up demand for this vehicle was tremendous and the designers and engineers did a fantastic job but then Ford corporate and marketing shit the bed...and burned the mattress.

Anyhow, good luck with the '66 build!
you are right, I edited my post to say buy a used Bronco

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the frustration and am one of the lucky ones to have received my Bronco already. The other side of the argument is that I know of someone who cancelled their reservation then saw mine and regretted that decision immediately. They went and bought a Jeep.

This hasn't been a great roll out by any means but it could be worse. Look at all the issues and Ford has worked to correct them with customers who have already received their vehicles.
Sponsored