Sponsored

The Extended Warranty Thread - Poll inside!

Will you buy an extended warranty on your Bronco?

• Total voters

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not familiar with ESPs - never had one. Are the prices in Ford’s ESP chart (just looked at Flood Ford) a one time fee? If it says $2,000 for an 8-year plan, that’s a one time fee?
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a slew of reasons to not waste money on an extended warranty. But if I've learned anything on this forum, trying to explain that will be like pissing into the wind.

But f it. It's Friday, I'm feeling saucy. Here's one reason I particularly like:

I literally have zero idea, but what does an extended warranty costs. $1k? Let's go with $1k.

You have 3yrs of coverage & 5yrs on the powertrain. So you don't need an extended warranty till at least year 3, 1 month. (why pay for something 3yrs in advance?? Even worse, why pay interest on something for 3 yrs before you even get to use it??) Powertrain still covered till year 5. So cost to fix something likely won't be all that much. But, if you're that worried that something is going to happen, take that $1k and invest it now. So instead of paying for something 3yrs in advance (and interest on it), you now have that money working for you, and earning interest. At a slightly below average 8% return (I've been averaging well over 8% last few years), that $1k is closer to $1300 by year 3. And then at 3yrs and 1 month when something happens, you've got the money to cover it.

Most likely nothing major is going to happen till year 5 or 6 anyway, but if it does that money will be even greater, and will easily cover the cost of whatever fix you need to do.

Or which is the case for 90% of people who purchase extended warranties. Nothing will happen, and instead of tossing $1k (plus interest) out the window, you'll have some extra cash lying around. Maybe use it towards a downpayment on the next car you're buying!

Anyway. To each their own. best of luck.

tobymkay

Big Bend
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element, GMC Sierra, Ram Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm doing market research 🙂

I'd appreciate your time to fill out the poll!
Done. And yes, if Granger selling ESP, much easier and cleaner to buy from you when I take delivery of my Bronco. Appreciate you looking into it!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m not familiar with ESPs - never had one. Are the prices in Ford’s ESP chart (just looked at Flood Ford) a one time fee? If it says $2,000 for an 8-year plan, that’s a one time fee?
Yes, a one time payment.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do these run?
Depends on how much you want covered and how many miles you want it covered. Mine was 7 years 100,000 miles but covers damn near everything. 2k was the cost and I added it into the financing deal.

Sponsored

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PowPow the only example for buying now includes your rationale. Those companies selling the warranties also factor in those investment gains over three to five years to lower the cost to you. I work for a large commercial insurance carrier that also provide products to the auto dealers such as extended warranties. Two years ago I paid $1200 plus (I’m allegedly getting the warranty at cost) for a 6 year/100k warranty when my Honda was almost out of factory warranty. For $900 today I can get a 8year/100k warranty on the Bronco. So just my specific situation but I think everyone takes investment gains into the equation.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on how much you want covered and how many miles you want it covered. Mine was 7 years 100,000 miles but covers damn near everything. 2k was the cost and I added it into the financing deal.
My dealer was trying to get me to pay $5k for that. I’d rather take my chances.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no selection for this but we don't generally buy EW. HOWEVER, after looking at the limited 3 year the warranty and what it does and most notably, does not cover, we went for a 6 year unlimited warranty. Many of the electronics are not covered and the thought of a bad screen had me very nervous. It's a first model year and I don't want to wake up to a problem that is outside the warranty and feel stabby and bitter.

BroncoRaptorEd

Raptor
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you're looking for an extended warranty and your vehicle is a CPO ESP Gold you'll need to look at Lombard or Zeigler because Granger does NOT have a system for quoting you a price online. Maria from Granger earned zero stars today for her lack of NO assistance.

BTW...

Paid in full price with Zeigler 11yr/175k miles $4785 with keys and lighting at $50 deductible, if financing at 12mths price is $5035

12 month finance or paid in full price for Lombard 11yr/175k miles $5036 with keys and lighting at $50 deductible

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you're looking for an extended warranty and your vehicle is a CPO ESP Gold you'll need to look at Lombard or Zeigler because Granger does NOT have a system for quoting you a price online. Maria from Granger earned zero stars today for her lack of NO assistance.

BTW...

Paid in full price with Zeigler 11yr/175k miles $4785 with keys and lighting at $50 deductible, if financing at 12mths price is $5035

12 month finance or paid in full price for Lombard 11yr/175k miles $5036 with keys and lighting at $50 deductible

Please send me a message and I'd be happy to make this right.

I apologize we didn't handle this well and I'd like to help out. I'm confident we'll be the best price as well.
Sponsored