First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, cheap insurance against poor quality Covid made vehicles. $50 deductible is my sweet spot figuring more than 2 but less than 6 warranty events.
Sponsored

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On average, people lose money on extended warranties and the warranty company makes money. Hopefully you can afford to repair the car you can afford to purchase.

Jason

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was a no brainer for me. Two-year wait to get my Bronco. Gave me enough time to read about the issues out here. Plus Granger offered it for $50 over cost. I feel at ease knowing stuff is covered. So far knock on wood, no issues, except for the manual tranny scraping noise. Waiting for a permanent fix before I take it in.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not through ford its not. Fords warranty for most everything you need a defense lawyer to get it covered. Took me 6 months to have my mirror replaced on my f350 becuz of plastic gears stripping inside mirror. Had to go back 3 times for 20 pictures of mirror and then took 3 months for response from ford. Had other issues as well. They try to get out of covering anything. I have used geico mechanical breakdown for last 10 years now. I can go to whomever I choose for work to be done. Covered no questions asked 250 deductible and rental covered. Has no bearing on rates. Costs me 35 bucks per 6 months for coverage.
Do you have to carry Geico insurance to get MBI? Or can you have another company for insurance and then get their MBI?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you spend any time at all reading the experiences people have had, you'll instantly know that an extended warranty is required (If you plan on keeping your Bronco beyond the factory warranty)

The question isn't IF You need an extended warranty, the question is whether or not you should buy Fords.

More more people have had issues with Ford honoring their warranty. It's not really the dealer's fault although they are the one that are denying you. There's a post somewhere on here from one of the dealers on how Ford is shafting them on chargebacks.... Basically corporate Ford is ruining the reputation of their warranty and is not worth the paper it printed on.

I have never bought an extended warranty for a vehicle... But then again with other car manufacturers (like toyota, honda, mazda) it's not an issue.

For me, I want to keep my Bronco long enough to determine I don't have a lemon, and then I'll start shopping. That GEICO one has been mentioned a couple of times ..might start there.

Sponsored

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its always a crapshoot. I skipped it on my last 2 Mazdas and they didnā€™t let me down, but Mazda has excellent quality which is something I donā€™t think American brands can match. I bought a reasonably priced one for a Volvo in the ā€˜80s and it paid for itself and then some for a fuel pump failure. Didnā€™t buy it for a ā€˜93 Toyota and at the 8 year mark it I needed a major engine repair. I was in grad school at the time and had to borrow $2K for the repair, no fun.

Based on all of the random issues people have reported so far with their factory new Broncos, the complexity of both the computer system and these engines- looks like every inch of space is used under the hood and even changing the oil seems like a ordeal, and that I hope to keep this for a long time, Iā€˜m getting an extended warranty. I asked our mechanic that works on our Mazdas about them and he noted that one major repair will likely pay for the warranty. Probably just me but I also donā€™t like the idea of having to keep a slush fund to cover repairs. Dipping into savings would make me feel less positive about keeping that vehicle. After all, if I fork out $$$ for a major repair Iā€™d be wondering when the next bomb is going drop.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked into that Geico MBI ... A few companies that offer it. And although it sounds really great for Geico, there's some gotchas. (From what I read on Google)

1) You have to have Geico auto insurance

2) You have to commit to keeping Geico for 7 years

3) They raise the price every year. Now is extremely cheap to begin with, but I wasn't able to find out how much they raise it each year.

But I have no plans on switching my vehicle insurance to Geico, and I have no plans on locking myself into a contract for 7 years with undisclosed price increases.

Maybe someone with MBI can share their experience?

Ford Bronco Is the extended warranty worth it? Screenshot_20230226-112133_Chrome

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No Bronco yet, so still driving our Rubicon. We bought the lifetime warranty through Mopar. I don't see any lifetime warranties out there any more. It's important to me as we put a lot of miles on our vehicle and typically burn through a 100K warranty very quickly. The Mopar warranty requires the repairs to be done.at a Mopar dealer and before they do warranty work a Mopar inspector needs to okay it. This process is very time consuming. But on the bright side it has paid off. Here is what they have done on our 160K 2016 Rubi.
replaced the oil cooler (2 times)
Replaced cam shafts and valves
Replaced the engine block.
Replaced a drive shaft.
Replaced the radiator
Replaced all the hoses

So for $3200 warranty and a $100 deductible each time I estimate they have spent over 25K keeping it running.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a lifetime warranty on my 2016 Ram. The out clause was that if any repair exceeded the value of the vehicle they would just write a check for the value and be done.

It must have been a money loser if they don't offer it anymore.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My moms Escape transmission gave out at 65k miles. Ford quoted $10k to replace. She had an extended warranty to 75k miles = ZERO DOLLARS SPENT

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Extended Warranty is a gamble. You are gambling that something expensive is a) going to break, and b) the warranty guarantor doesn't weasel out of the repair.

And the number 1 rule of gambling, in the end, the House always wins.

HowieLong

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My father in law has been looking at warranties for his Escape and received the following notice regarding Ford's ESP from a couple of Ford dealers:

ALERT!
Ford has announced price increases on contracts sold on vehicles registered in the following states CA, CT, HI, ME, NJ,NV, NY, RI and VA. The new pricing goes into effect on March 2nd

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Extended Warranty is a gamble. You are gambling that something expensive is a) going to break, and b) the warranty guarantor doesn't weasel out of the repair.

And the number 1 rule of gambling, in the end, the House always wins.
The problem is everything is expensive now. I mean look how much it cost just to replace a broken mirror! And how many electronic components and modules are there in our Bronco?

My point being, is it pretty much would only take one thing to break in order to "break" even.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll be 43 this year and I grew up with a father that had FORDs for company vehicles. When I reached driving age, it was my job to transport vehicles to the dealer for maintenance issues.

I got the warranty because I transported FORD vehicles to the dealer alot.
Sponsored