Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,

Got my new bronco with a 2 year free maintenance from Ford, along with the 3 year, 36k bumper to bumper and the 5 year, 60k power train warranty.

Is there any extended warranty that the dealership can offer me which is legit to extending the Ford warranty? I plan on keeping the car as my main vehicle for 10 years.

Thanks
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger ford has the best prices. Its all on their website. Can be done entirely online. You see the warranty in your ford pass app shortly after.

OP
OP

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger ford has the best prices. Its all on their website. Can be done entirely online. You see the warranty in your ford pass app shortly after.
what if I’m not buying through granger? Can I somehow extend the warranty through a different dealer?

is the warranty simply extended through ford?

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can but your going to pay more. For the exact same thing. Its all the same thing. What changes is the price the dealer decides to charge you. There are many posts about this. Go to your dealer if you like. I would at least price out the deal on the granger website so you know how much your dealer is charging you over. It full self service on the granger website. You pick what protection you want and then the duration (years and miles) then to the shopping cart. Its also the real ford esp. some other dealers sell knock offs. I initially purchased from the dealer I purchased the bronco from. Then after a week of being on bronco6g I realized I paid significantly over. Returned it, then purchased through granger. Make sure its the real ford esp, wherever you purchase from.

OP
OP

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can but your going to pay more. For the exact same thing. Its all the same thing. What changes is the price the dealer decides to charge you. There are many posts about this. Go to your dealer if you like. I would at least price out the deal on the granger website so you know how much your dealer is charging you over. It full self service on the granger website. You pick what protection you want and then the duration (years and miles) then to the shopping cart. Its also the real ford esp. some other dealers sell knock offs.
Appreciate the info! So I don’t have the Bronco in my possession yet.
When can I look at granger for the warranty on my truck exactly? Do I add the vin to my Ford pass?

thanks for the help

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the info! So I don’t have the Bronco in my possession yet.
When can I look at granger for the warranty on my truck exactly? Do I add the vin to my Ford pass?

thanks for the help
You dont need the vin until you complete check out.m. Just google granger esp and fill out your selections. You will know what your cost is immediately without needing the vin.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given the long thread on dealerships refusing to do warranty work, what's the use of an extended warranty?
have you personally had warranty work refused at your dealer? I’ve had nothing but excellent warranty service using the ford extended warranty at several dealers. But it’s always been legit warranty work.

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Given the long thread on dealerships refusing to do warranty work, what's the use of an extended warranty?
I've read stories here about folks who were refused service at a dealership where they did not buy their Bronco. I bought the warranty at Granger, but I'd be getting the warranty work done at the dealership where I bought the Bronco.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do not buy the extended warranty from your dealer unless they meet or beat the extended warranty through Granger or Flood or similar. It is the same warranty through Ford and does not matter who you buy it from. Also, beware of dealers trying to sell non Ford backed extended warranties.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
have you personally had warranty work refused at your dealer? I’ve had nothing but excellent warranty service using the ford extended warranty at several dealers. But it’s always been legit warranty work.
Last time I needed warranty work done was probably 1998 or so. Extended warranty and had to fight with them. Bad headlight switch. Two weeks later Ford issued a recall. Since it ended up being a safety recall Ford (Big Ford) refunded my money in less than a week.
Sponsored