Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My .02. If you are going to get a warranty do Ford Premium Care or one that offers a comprehensive plan. We sell Zurich over Ford for a bunch of reasons. One, most repair shops including dealers, will accept Zurich. Ford is only good at Ford and is a complete headache to deal with, pays warranty labor and parts markup. Zurich pays retail times and retail parts markup.

Get something with a no or low deductible. No aftermarket warranty is "factory" and if someone tells you that ask them to show you where it covers carpets, trim, glass and seat covers. If they say yes, they are probably full of scat. Stay away from The Mechanic. This is one of a handful we will not deal with because they suck and don't cover squat.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do about 24k miles a yr .....so I will be racking up the miles on my Bronco. For the first time in my life I will need to purchase an extended warranty as I plan on keeping mine 150k at least . I have no clue what they cost or how many miles they cover. Can people chime in on Ford or others extended warrantys costs / miles / terms etc.....
I've saved enough money not getting extended warranties that I could probably have every major component in a vehicle and still come out at least even. I don't get why people want to hand over their money so easily. Only 1/3 of every dollar you pay ever pays claims. At least with health insurance, that number is 86%.

Take the money it would have cost and put that into an account that you won't touch. Put it in a lump sump if you were going to pay cash for the warranty or make monthly contributions if you were going to roll it into a loan. Do this until you have a nest egg that will cover about any kind of expense.

Keep in mind that the limitations, exclusions and deductibles all work together to minimize actual payout. A $200 repair with a $100 deductible is only a 50% payout. But the fact is, vehicles are far more reliable now, which is why these extended warranties are longer, too. A car with 100k miles used to be scrap-ready. Now that's nothing.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do about 24k miles a yr .....so I will be racking up the miles on my Bronco. For the first time in my life I will need to purchase an extended warranty as I plan on keeping mine 150k at least . I have no clue what they cost or how many miles they cover. Can people chime in on Ford or others extended warrantys costs / miles / terms etc.....
These Ford dealers sell Genuine Ford Protect Extended Warranties online for a discount.

Zeigler Ford is highly respected, but check pricing against other Ford dealers. Only buy from a Ford dealer who is setup to sell them online, not one you have to call a salesperson for.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/defa...P6dwmb2Poj4BEZ9gqdIOKdYTBLcevHfxoCZUwQAvD_BwE

https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

And more...
https://www.google.com/search?q=For...-nf-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've saved enough money not getting extended warranties that I could probably have every major component in a vehicle and still come out at least even. I don't get why people want to hand over their money so easily. Only 1/3 of every dollar you pay ever pays claims. At least with health insurance, that number is 86%.

Take the money it would have cost and put that into an account that you won't touch. Put it in a lump sump if you were going to pay cash for the warranty or make monthly contributions if you were going to roll it into a loan. Do this until you have a nest egg that will cover about any kind of expense.

Keep in mind that the limitations, exclusions and deductibles all work together to minimize actual payout. A $200 repair with a $100 deductible is only a 50% payout. But the fact is, vehicles are far more reliable now, which is why these extended warranties are longer, too. A car with 100k miles used to be scrap-ready. Now that's nothing.

Well, me too, until I didn't. I had bought more than 10 new vehicles and never had an issue that would have needed an extended warranty. Then I bought a Volvo. Of course I didn't get the extended warranty because I'd never needed one. Well, that first year model engine dropped a valve at 55K miles, at around 19 months of ownership. No used one to be found, so a new one out of Sweden was ordered. New engine and installation 100% out of pocket on a 19 month old vehicle. Now I just get the warranty.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd ask the dealer about a Ford plan. I bought a 2016 certified and did 100k, bumper to bumper for, I think, $40/mo. It comes with oil changes and mile service for the duration. I've used it a few times for larger items, including a bad throttle body, that saved me quite a bit.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, me too, until I didn't. I had bought more than 10 new vehicles and never had an issue that would have needed an extended warranty. Then I bought a Volvo. Of course I didn't get the extended warranty because I'd never needed one. Well, that first year model engine dropped a valve at 55K miles, at around 19 months of ownership. No used one to be found, so a new one out of Sweden was ordered. New engine and installation 100% out of pocket on a 19 month old vehicle. Now I just get the warranty.
If you went 10 new vehicles without an extended warranty, you were still ahead even if you had to get a new engine in the Volvo. That said, if it was only 5K miles out-of-warranty and only 19 months old, I'm surprised Volvo didn't work with you, assuming you'd followed proper care and maintenance. If extended warranties had a reasonable profit instead of gouging, I might be more inclined to get one. But I can't watch 2/3 of my money get flushed down the drain.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im seeing a lot of the same logic as to why folks dont buy life insurance either..
lol

Whisky6

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One benefit of a Ford extended warranty that should be talked about more is their rental car support. When I've had issues over the years and with different vehicles, they have been fantastic with supplying a rental which was covered under my plan. It kept me from any interruption of going to work, picking up kids and any other day to day activity. They also worked around my work schedule each time when I couldn't go back to exchange my during the week and let me keep the rental until the weekend at no charge. Maybe it's the terrible Michigan roads, I've had l used my ESP on any of the newer vehicles I bought used from the dealer (this will be my first new car purchase). For those two vehicles I've had a manifold, transfer case, hubs, vacuum system for the 4x4, rear diff seal, AC computer and a radio all replaced over 6 or so trips for repairs over the 3 years for the F-150 and 4 years of the Expedition. I also owned a 2000 Ranger extended cab in my younger years that I off roaded more than I probably should have and had it in the dealership under the factory warranty with the same excellent rental and service experience.

A few other benefits the rental portion of the Ford ESP that I experienced was being able to use a Ford dealer while traveling and what vehicle would be given as a rental. I ran into a situation where I used the warranty when on vacation in Kentucky in my Expedition and was asked if I wanted an Expedition to accommodate or something smaller while they were fixing the computer portion of the HCAC. They also asked if I was towing a trailer. So I asked why they were wondering. My ESP had road side assistance for my vehicle and if I were towing a trailer/camper/boat. Along with the roadside assistance, they would have given me a comparable rental for my vacation such as another Expedition or F-150 to get me going back down the road with the trailer/camper/boat. And that was a tiny dealer in a tiny town in the middle of Land Between the Lakes Kentucky.

I know they isn't the norm and most won't use it, but I know it surely helped keep our vacation going and no out of pocket expenses for a rental car and the hassle of tracking one down.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here are the Flood Ford and Ziegler Rates. My wife’s suv is our daily driver. My truck is 11 years old and hasn’t hit 60k miles yet. 8 years, 85k coverage would be more than enough for me. I can’t get it out of my head that this Bronco will be more complex than anything I have ever purchased and built during a pandemic, with every kind of materials shortage that you can imagine. Just bought trip insurance for the first time too. These are just more uncertain times....

9132954A-2A2D-4B90-81E8-2AAA4B6BEAE6.png

165C65F1-C152-428F-AAEA-965A66DA4FF2.png

64504BBE-5CD9-40F2-8AA3-6E780AE9E93C.png

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are the Flood Ford and Ziegler Rates. My wife’s suv is our daily driver. My truck is 11 years old and hasn’t hit 60k miles yet. 8 years, 85k coverage would be more than enough for me. I can’t get it out of my head that this Bronco will be more complex than anything I have ever purchased and built during a pandemic, with every kind of materials shortage that you can imagine. Just bought trip insurance for the first time too. These are just more uncertain times....

9132954A-2A2D-4B90-81E8-2AAA4B6BEAE6.png

165C65F1-C152-428F-AAEA-965A66DA4FF2.png

64504BBE-5CD9-40F2-8AA3-6E780AE9E93C.png

Ford Bronco Extended Warranty costs 64504BBE-5CD9-40F2-8AA3-6E780AE9E93C

As complex as these vehicles are, one thing resonates with me on the previous comments that has changed. In the past, Extended Warranties were purchased to protect against mechanical breakdown. I think we can all agree that cars made today are much more reliable from a mechanical perspective. Today’s vehicles have so much electronic technology built into them that if something goes haywire, there can be much troubleshooting that has to be done before the problem is found and corrected which can be very expensive. For that very reason, with all the technology being put in these Broncos, I will be buying an 8 yr 100,000 mi Extended Warranty to protect myself. I don’t drive over by 12,000 mi/yr, so this mileage band works perfectly for me

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice a lot of good info thanks

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are all kinds of assumptions in this comment....

...And a dealer service department??? Pfft. All they do is throw parts at it, they don’t diagnose anything. Then they charge you top dollar for labor and parts. Anybody taking an out of warranty vehicle to the dealer to get fixed is just asking to get ripped off...

...Or they buy a warranty because they think they will need to cover all these bogus repair bills.
talk about making assumptions!

🙄🙄🙄

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with all the computers and sensors and now even cameras and radar antennas and what not, I'm considering it. I won't buy one on day one, but if there are lots of electronic issues popping up (hope not!) then I'll most likely buy one within the first 3 years of having my Bronco. I plan to drive it for a very long time.

I plan to service mine at my dealer for everything, been doing that with my Taco for 18 years with no issues. Ford is a different dealer, but I hope their service dept is as good as Toyota's. Online reputation is pretty good.
Sponsored