Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you able to purchase an extended warranty after you take delivery?
Purchase pricing appears to be the same from delivery to the 12 months / 12k mark. ( price increases aside )
Also, it looks like you can purchase or modify up to 36 months / 36k.
Once purchased it will show up in your Ford app.
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know if the Extended warranty gets added to the Ford Pass app? If yes, how long does it usually take for it to show up in the app once purchased?
Yes - My Flood Ford purchase showed in about a week. Used Ford points and the transaction also appears.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IIRC - the “Extended” warranty starts from the original in-service date of your vehicle.

You get a 3 year warranty for “free” when you buy your vehicle. If you pay extra for a 5 year extended warranty, aren’t you actually only getting 2 extra years for the money?

Or am I not understanding how it works.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if the Extended warranty gets added to the Ford Pass app? If yes, how long does it usually take for it to show up in the app once purchased?
I bought mine through Granger and it was on my app within a week but they said up to 30 days. 8 year 60k miles 1400$.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IIRC - the “Extended” warranty starts from the original in-service date of your vehicle.

You get a 3 year warranty for “free” when you buy your vehicle. If you pay extra for a 5 year extended warranty, aren’t you actually only getting 2 extra years for the money?

Or am I not understanding how it works.
Is exactly how it works. Lots of false advertising. Pay for 7 years, actually getting 4.

Sponsored

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get it. It's the best to just take in the vehicle to a dealer to any Ford dealership in North America, and no whatever problem there is you won't have to pay a dime.
Is it better to buy it when you buy the car or but it when your manufacturer warranty is about to run out?

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it better to buy it when you buy the car or but it when your manufacturer warranty is about to run out?
There is only about a $200 difference. I would just wait.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn't really matter as long as it's before the original warranty runs out. You really have till like 41 months or 41k miles, but I wouldn't risk it.

I prefer to buy it separate within the first couple years. I wouldn't finance it for sure.

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doesn't really matter as long as it's before the original warranty runs out. You really have till like 41 months or 41k miles, but I wouldn't risk it.

I prefer to buy it separate within the first couple years. I wouldn't finance it for sure.
From my understanding, it starts when you buy it. So if you buy a 10 year/100k mike warranty you are really only getting 7 because of the manufacturer warranty. It seems better to buy it right before the manufacturer warranty ends

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From my understanding, it starts when you buy it. So if you buy a 10 year/100k mike warranty you are really only getting 7 because of the manufacturer warranty. It seems better to buy it right before the manufacturer warranty ends
No it starts from the purchase date of the vehicle. So you get the same out of it regardless of how soon or late you buy it. However the price does go up periodically, so I'd rather not wait 3 years to purchase.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The price changes the longer you go into the warranty (buying at 1,000mils vs buying at 34,000miles). In addition the warranty cost (what you pay for the warranty) has gone up over time. Keep that in mind with your decision making. If not mistaken the Granger site lets you put the miles in and request a quote. You can test it out and see.
Sponsored