Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No brainer for me. Reading about possible issues here on the forum. Granger offer at $50 over cost. My 7mt goes in soon for the scraping/grinding issue. Just too much that can go wrong on vehicles now days.

Edit: Granger offer of $20 over cost until end of Nov, Black Friday deal! @Zach@Granger, they are the best, glad they are doing well!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I never bought them before either. I would have saved money if I bought one with my Escape and lost money if I bought one with the Lexus. At just over cost with Granger, it’s kind of a no brainer plus it didn’t hurt buying my vehicles from Granger and getting super deals plus just a great dealership to work with.

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purched a Ford Protect Extended Warranty from Granger. Great experiance and price. A day later it showed up in my fordpass app.

Have 2 friends purched new vehicles from a ford dealer, they said that they purched extended warranty along with the vehicle. The warranty does not show in there fordpass app. Can you explain this.

Thank you

Lyarem

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably an unpopular opinion... but personally I've always felt like having a general purpose emergency fund is better than an extended warranty.

Extended warranties are kind of like gambling. If you end up with a major issue, than obviously the warranty may end up paying for itself. But if you don't, you just pissed away thousands of dollars that could have been spent on something else or invested. Combine that with the fact that most people roll their warranty cost into their auto loan and they are now paying interest on their gambling as well. Speaking of gambling, have you played on a website with a gaming license and the best reviews from players?

If the Bronco is your only vehicle and you need that vehicle in your daily life, then a warranty for major breakdowns can make a lot of sense, because you are treating the warranty more as an insurance policy to ensure you can continue your daily life. In the Ford world, that would be PowertrainCARE. In certain situations it may also make sense to have BaseCARE on the Bronco, because it covers items like the brakes and stabilizer bar disconnect module on Badlands.

But if your Bronco is a second or third vehicle and you don't need it to function every day, then I don't think a warranty is worth it. I also don't think the more premium warranties like ExtraCARE and PremiumCARE are worth. If your audio system dies, sure it can suck, but your Bronco can still achieve the core function of getting from point A to point B. I don't see the point in spending money to warranty something that isn't critical to your daily life.
The idea of rolling warranty costs into an auto loan, thereby incurring interest on what might essentially be an unutilized service, adds an extra layer of financial inefficiency to this consideration. This is an important aspect for potential buyers to consider, as it not only affects the immediate cost but also the long-term financial implications of their purchase decision.
Sponsored

Last edited: