First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's an aggravation for sure, playing Fantasy Bronco for the next 6 months and/or more. I went to the dealership to look at colors on other vehicles. It helped a lot. I'm still in a love/hate state over my choice of Anti-Matter Blue. My consolation is I'll be in the model year 22 crowd because of my vehicle choices and lateness to the game. I suspect most people will be also. That gives me lots of time to continue playing Fantasy Bronco, see some Broncos in person and maybe drive some, see the colors on a vehicle, read the reviews, and make any final changes before it goes to build. Maybe I'll get to see a green, or some other new colors and tops. I'll probably require a week of vacation sitting in my new Bronco upon delivery just to deflate from all of this.
Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oxford white is my favorite base color. I'm 25 so the whole OJ thing happened before I was even born. I'll probably never hear a joke from people in my age group. The only reason I even knew about OJ's white bronco is because my dad found it endlessly hilarious when I showed him my build (leading to my choice of pfp).

I can handle the occasional joke from the geriatrics if it means getting my favorite color.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have have been whoring around with AMB, VB, SB, CO, and OW, placed my order in AMB, three days later changed it to CG..... and the the whole damn time all I want is that sexy ass girl in Lighting Blue but can’t have it... curse you Ford... 🤣😂🤣

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Heck yes, another Iconic Silver fan. If Ford didn't offer the new Black FE interior, I was all over a Iconic Silver Wildtrak. Love this color and would be my top pick if offered on a First Edition. Iconic Silver looks fantastic in any light. You can dress it up or dress it down and it still looks beautiful, Nothing but Nice. I'm hoping this color will make it to the Warthog in 2023 and if it does I will own one.
Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors Wiltrak Door Decals Hood Decals 2021 Bronco Iconic Silver (3)
Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors 4 - Iconic Silver Outer Banks 2 door Bronco 2- Factory Production Plant

Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors 7 - 2021 Bronco Wildtrak Iconic Silver 4-Door 2

Last edited:

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford hit a double with Iconic Silver, which is a far better color than Ingot Silver. I’m surrounded by Ingot, and suffer the yawns whenever I see it.

However my jury is still out regarding Carbonized Gray. I could drive Magnetic Gray vehicles until, i died and not tire of it. Going on nine years, and I still like Magnetic. I’m considering a used Superduty because Magnetic was discontinued across the line in favor of Carbonized, which I like, not love. (Picture Ron White and the sunglasses he liked but didn’t love).

Based on the above I’m looking at AM Blue or VB where I’m trying to decide between too dark and too bright.

Screw it. I’m in on Boxwood Green if it shows up next year, so I can feel like I slapped wheels on my Stanley thermos and took it for a spin.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are no current colors that speak to me except Lightning Blue. And that is only available on the FE. I just saw Cactus Gray in person a few days ago. I loved it. But not sure how that love affair would last. White. I would love white. But I'm with you on dealing with the constant stupid OJ jokes and comments. Silver is iconic and timeless. But it is pretty boring. Race Red looks hot. And I don't usually go for red vehicles. But I would want it with a white top for a classic look.

This is one of the main reasons I'm waiting. I'm hoping for something close to grabber blue. Or a teal. If something new doesn't pop up MY 2022 or 2023 I'll have some deciding to do.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've told myself since long before the 6th gen was even a twinkle in Ford's eye that I was getting a Jeep (I know... Eww!) and "it's gotta be red". Then bronco happened and I stuck with the same initial mantra.

Like others, I've flirted with other colors over the last several months (looking at you Carbonized Gray... And you area 51!) But I'm still firmly in the red camp after all this time. Rapid Red has been my number 1 choice since the beginning and will probably be what I order, although I've been giving race red the ol' up-down look as well.

Like you, I like having what a lot of people aren't ordering and it helps both the reds are seeing low take rates. I wasn't ever considering iconic silver until I saw it had the lowest take rate. I probably won't get it but I see the attraction there!

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very close to ordering. I think. But like so many of you, I've been looking at colors so long I can no longer tell if I am unhappy with the color options or I am just sick of them all. I started firmly in the Cactus camp, and now I almost feel like I have already owned a Bronco in that (admittedly cool) color for a year or more.

I have turned into Goldilocks. Like this:

Shadow Black - this one is too dark and difficult to keep looking good, and too hot for Colorado summers. But still badass.

Oxford White - love the contrast with black wheels and top and trim, but it's too OJ. Don't think I can handle the jokes.

Antimatter Blue - I love blues but this one is almost black except in direct sun and up close. Love the metallic but...so dark.

Cactus Gray - This is a really beautiful chameleon and works great with the dark wheels and trim, but it's so popular it's probably no longer going to feel "unique" (and yes, I know, none will, but if I see Cactus Broncos everywhere surely I will have pangs of regret...)

Area 51 - This one is very inviting but seems like it can't make up its mind. If it was more green, I'd be all over it. Wish we had a real green.

Carbonized Gray - this one is very nice up close but in real life gray is just so... gray :(

Rapid Red - this one is nice and "jewely" but I currently have a Volcanic Red Audi Q5 and I need a change. Over it.

Race Red - Hot damn! This is one spicy meatball! It absolutely kills on B&P but there have been posts about it being a cheap color and difficult and overall just way too bright for daily life. Too tomato-y.

Cyber Orange - Scorching and beautiful! And see also references to school bus. Hm... needs to go more orange or... remember how you felt seeing all those yellow Xterras after about 2 years? Love the idea. but in two years I've got a screaming yellow truck in my face every day.

Velocity Blue - At first I was like hell no. Then as time went on, hell yeah. I think the VB Raptors with black and gray trim look fucking baller. I am strongly considering VB. Some reports of "stripper car" regret make me think this bright of a blue will begin to feel cheap. But damn, it's looking good on the Bronco.

All of which brings me to something very simple and old-school boring, but packed with possibilities:

Iconic Silver - Silver, and silver Fords, look boring, OK? Let's just admit it. Most silver cars do. BUT... Silver is timeless. It looks OK clean or dirty. It looks great with black and gray accents. And it's a nice sort of blank canvas from which to customize. I'm seeing this now as a BD Iconic Silver 2-door, customizing with Method Race 703s in bronze, 33-inch meats, the Bronco retro graphics (rainbow red, yellow, orange) and oxblood red seat covers inside.

In other words, not too loud, not too hot, not too cold, not too...... But this one is just right.

Ultimately this Goldilocks has come to realize it's not so much what Ford offers us.

It's what we choose to do with our Broncos that will make our Bronco feel like OUR BRONCO.

Enjoy the struggle to decide!

Lol

Not to your degree. But right now I drive an Austin yellow m4 and I love the color (not for everyone) and I get a lot of comments on it. Especially from kids which puts a smile on my face bc it reminds me of being a kid and how much I loved looking at cars and wishing one day.

I wanted something different but nothing stood out as me being sure I wouldn't get over it.

I love carb gray and I love orange. So I got lucky with wanting a BL. I'll be accenting my Bronco with orange and I think it'll look great/ different.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm seeing this now as a BD Iconic Silver 2-door, customizing with Method Race 703s in bronze, 33-inch meats, the Bronco retro graphics (rainbow red, yellow, orange) and oxblood red seat covers inside.
I'm the same IS-BD-2 door. How's about pairing Wet Okole Cobalt covers with Ford's Grabber Blue interior trim?
Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors 1612269886721
Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors 1612269907116

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silver...? Nobody will even know you own a new Bronco unless you wear an eye mask and hat.

Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors IMG_2567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am very close to ordering. I think. But like so many of you, I've been looking at colors so long I can no longer tell if I am unhappy with the color options or I am just sick of them all. I started firmly in the Cactus camp, and now I almost feel like I have already owned a Bronco in that (admittedly cool) color for a year or more.

Shadow Black - this one is too dark and difficult to keep looking good, and too hot for Colorado summers. But still badass.

Oxford White - love the contrast with black wheels and top and trim, but it's too OJ. Don't think I can handle the jokes.

Antimatter Blue - I love blues but this one is almost black except in direct sun and up close. Love the metallic but...so dark.

Cactus Gray - This is a really beautiful chameleon and works great with the dark wheels and trim, but it's so popular it's probably no longer going to feel "unique" (and yes, I know, none will, but if I see Cactus Broncos everywhere surely I will have pangs of regret...)

Area 51 - This one is very inviting but seems like it can't make up its mind. If it was more green, I'd be all over it. Wish we had a real green.

Carbonized Gray - this one is very nice up close but in real life gray is just so... gray :(

Rapid Red - this one is nice and "jewely" but I currently have a Volcanic Red Audi Q5 and I need a change. Over it.

Race Red - Hot damn! This is one spicy meatball! It absolutely kills on B&P but there have been posts about it being a cheap color and difficult and overall just way too bright for daily life. Too tomato-y.

Cyber Orange - Scorching and beautiful! And see also references to school bus. Hm... needs to go more orange or... remember how you felt seeing all those yellow Xterras after about 2 years? Love the idea. but in two years I've got a screaming yellow truck in my face every day.

Velocity Blue - At first I was like hell no. Then as time went on, hell yeah. I think the VB Raptors with black and gray trim look fucking baller. I am strongly considering VB. Some reports of "stripper car" regret make me think this bright of a blue will begin to feel cheap. But damn, it's looking good on the Bronco.

All of which brings me to something very simple and old-school boring, but packed with possibilities:

Iconic Silver - Silver, and silver Fords, look boring, OK? Let's just admit it. Most silver cars do. BUT... Silver is timeless. It looks OK clean or dirty. It looks great with black and gray accents. And it's a nice sort of blank canvas from which to customize. I'm seeing this now as a BD Iconic Silver 2-door, customizing with Method Race 703s in bronze, 33-inch meats, the Bronco retro graphics (rainbow red, yellow, orange) and oxblood red seat covers inside.

In other words, not too loud, not too hot, not too cold, not too...... But this one is just right.

Ultimately this Goldilocks has come to realize it's not so much what Ford offers us.

It's what we choose to do with our Broncos that will make our Bronco feel like OUR BRONCO.

Check out this link!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/exterior-colors-hidden-meaning.7879/

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Silver...? Nobody will even know you own a new Bronco unless you wear an eye mask and hat.
Maybe there's a way to get into FORScan & have "Hi-Yo Silver Away" integrated into the start-up screen. I can boogie to William Tell!

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

If you get Cactus Gray, everyone will think you have a white Bronco.
If you get Cyber Orange, everyone will think you have a yellow Bronco.
If you get Area 51, Velocity, or Lightning, it's blue.
Gray is gray, black is black, white is white, and red is red.
If you get Antimatter Blue, everyone will think you have a black Bronco (I'm getting one anyway because it's - using your words - baller, and I don't give two f***s what anyone thinks about me or my Bronco).

Have you seen the Iconic Silver? It's stunning. Not drab or dated looking at all like all the other silver cars on the road. It's...bright! And really pretty. I saw it on the Sport and preferred it over most of the other colors.

Of course, everyone will think it's just...well, silver. But so what? Do what makes you happy.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m secretly hoping rapid red comes back late availability for some reason (I know u likely since it doesn’t seem very popular) so I can switch to Iconic Silver.
Sponsored