indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've told myself since long before the 6th gen was even a twinkle in Ford's eye that I was getting a Jeep (I know... Eww!) and "it's gotta be red". Then bronco happened and I stuck with the same initial mantra.

Like others, I've flirted with other colors over the last several months (looking at you Carbonized Gray... And you area 51!) But I'm still firmly in the red camp after all this time. Rapid Red has been my number 1 choice since the beginning and will probably be what I order, although I've been giving race red the ol' up-down look as well.

Like you, I like having what a lot of people aren't ordering and it helps both the reds are seeing low take rates. I wasn't ever considering iconic silver until I saw it had the lowest take rate. I probably won't get it but I see the attraction there!
Jeep has a nice shade of red available on the base Wrangler. I'd go with that hands down, if available on the Bronco base.

But Race Red is not available on the Bronco base. Leaning towards the Rapid Red. But those metallics are tricky to view based on amount of light in photos. I'll need to see in person under some different lighting conditions.

Fyi, I own an old Poppy Red Series Land Rover similar to this one (mine has full white top). Red FTW any day of the week. :)

Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors PoppyRedSeries_v1
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lightning Blue is Baller. But if you're not getting a FE go with Velocity Blue. It's second to LB on the Baller list. šŸ˜†

LB
Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors 2021-bronco-antimatter-blue-vs-velocity-blue-vs-lightning-blue_resized(1)

VB
Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors 2021-bronco-antimatter-blue-vs-velocity-blue-vs-lightning-blue-10

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This kind of rationale is why we have fifty shades of meh for color options. Vehicles are boring, utilitarian financial death traps.

Race Red, anecdotal assessment, is the only long-haul color with decent vitality. @EvlNvrDys will back me up on this which makes this post practically scientific law. I got so many assertive parties interested in exchanging pleasantries due to my Race Red Convertible Mustang that I have to believe in that paint's magical properties. Lightning Blue has received notes of appreciation, but only when after long periods of bilateral discourse that often ended with simply appreciating the color by myself.

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the silver, you will NOT see yourself coming or going! The take rate on that is below 3% I believe.
I was surprised by the low take rate on silver too, but once dealer stock comes in in late 22, it will be a go to for the dealers and rental companies, if they still exists by year end 22 :) The color looks good in person, but it is a chameleon as well. One angle it's awesome, then another angle it looks rental car "cheap". I am in full swing mode from Cactus to Oxford, based on seeing several Cactus sports and being underwhelmed in person.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This kind of rationale is why we have fifty shades of meh for color options. Vehicles are boring, utilitarian financial death traps.

Race Red, anecdotal assessment, is the only long-haul color with decent vitality. @EvlNvrDys will back me up on this which makes this post practically scientific law. I got so much assertive parties interested in exchanging pleasantries due to my Race Red Convertible Mustang that I have to believe in that paint's magical properties. Lightning Blue has received notes of appreciation, but only when after long periods of bilateral discourse that often ended with simply appreciating the color by myself.
Aw yeah... Race Red... Amazing how many compliments my '12 V6 Mustang gets.... cuz it's Race Red.

There should only be 2 colors available for the new Bronco, Race Red for me and a select few, and "I don't care" color as long as it's not Race Red... Cuz that's what everyone else gets!! šŸ˜

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aw yeah... Race Red... Amazing how many compliments my '12 V6 Mustang gets.... cuz it's Race Red.

There should only be 2 colors available for the new Bronco, Race Red for me and a select few, and "I don't care" color as long as it's not Race Red... Cuz that's what everyone else gets!! šŸ˜
Race Red followed by the... whatever you call those other options, because nobody will notice them:

Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors giphy - 2021-02-02T133902.198

OP - hope this helps you make your decision.

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have have been whoring around with AMB, VB, SB, CO, and OW, placed my order in AMB, three days later changed it to CG..... and the the whole damn time all I want is that sexy ass girl in Lighting Blue but canā€™t have it... curse you Ford... šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Agreed. That Lightning Blue is šŸ”„

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picking the color was the easiest thing for me. The wife said, "If you're getting a Bronco it better be Race Red". So, there ya go. Decision made. :)

Deleted member 13702

I had the same dilemma, except mine was between AB and A51. Love AB, but really love A51. A large chuck of my dealers orders are in A51 and I didnā€™t want to see my ride everywhere I went, so I picked AB...then spent two weeks agonizing over my choice.

Then My wife put it this way, she owned a red mustang back in the day. She knew their were a ton of em out there, but she wanted red and enjoyed owning it. She never thought twice about seeing other red mustangs on the road.

In the end she convinced me to go with what I wanted and make it my own and not worry about what everyone else is driving. She was right as usual. Anyway changed my order and feel better for it.

I say buy what makes you happy, if youā€™re like me, it will be a one of a kind when it sits in your garage.

Sponsored

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, too, had 100% conviction in my first choice of Antimatter. Then, I read this forum and changed my mind 5 times. But, once I switched my order from Wildtrak to Badlands because of the interior, I realized that the best choice for the exterior color was, indeed, as I thought - Antimatter.

Plus, when I slap big, yellow, magnetic block "M"s on the doors for my Michigan football tailgates in Ann Arbor and tear up the golf course parking with my Squatch package, I will know I have made the right choice. Instead of switching Bronco colors, can I please switch our football coach?

My learnings: ruminate over the model more before you order, match to the interior you are getting. But, given that all fits together - go with your first impression on the exterior color.

OP
OP

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep has a nice shade of red available on the base Wrangler. I'd go with that hands down, if available on the Bronco base.

But Race Red is not available on the Bronco base. Leaning towards the Rapid Red. But those metallics are tricky to view based on amount of light in photos. I'll need to see in person under some different lighting conditions.

Fyi, I own an old Poppy Red Series Land Rover similar to this one (mine has full white top). Red FTW any day of the week. :)

Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors giphy - 2021-02-02T133902.198
That's a super rad vehicle! Gorgeous. Almost makes me want to switch to Race Red...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve been all over the place on colors. Cyber orange was my 1st love... then carb grey, then Area 51, then I thought hell why not ox white.... well hell rapid red looks tempting.. cactus grey makes me scratch my head. One day itā€™s sweet the next itā€™s day old cement ...

Well today Iā€™m back on the cyber orange wagon but ask myself 5 years from now am I going to be tired of my taxi colored bronco....

Iā€™m secretly hoping to be pushed to MY22 and Ford smacks me in the face with good ole boxwood green...
Most likely not though...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fanny, have you seen the Race Red on an F-150? Oh, my hold on. AMAZING! And I can spot them 1/2 away now. Very unique red orange. I went with the Cyber Yellow (it is NOT orange!)....but it's not Nissan or Jeep yellow, does have some orange in it....I just needed something to make my blood boil a bit between those two. I am shocked that the Silver is such a low grab....I think it's super sharp and you'll not see many others.
Sponsored