Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am very close to ordering. I think. But like so many of you, I've been looking at colors so long I can no longer tell if I am unhappy with the color options or I am just sick of them all. I started firmly in the Cactus camp, and now I almost feel like I have already owned a Bronco in that (admittedly cool) color for a year or more.

I have turned into Goldilocks. Like this:

Shadow Black - this one is too dark and difficult to keep looking good, and too hot for Colorado summers. But still badass.

Oxford White - love the contrast with black wheels and top and trim, but it's too OJ. Don't think I can handle the jokes.

Antimatter Blue - I love blues but this one is almost black except in direct sun and up close. Love the metallic but...so dark.

Cactus Gray - This is a really beautiful chameleon and works great with the dark wheels and trim, but it's so popular it's probably no longer going to feel "unique" (and yes, I know, none will, but if I see Cactus Broncos everywhere surely I will have pangs of regret...)

Area 51 - This one is very inviting but seems like it can't make up its mind. If it was more green, I'd be all over it. Wish we had a real green.

Carbonized Gray - this one is very nice up close but in real life gray is just so... gray :(

Rapid Red - this one is nice and "jewely" but I currently have a Volcanic Red Audi Q5 and I need a change. Over it.

Race Red - Hot damn! This is one spicy meatball! It absolutely kills on B&P but there have been posts about it being a cheap color and difficult and overall just way too bright for daily life. Too tomato-y.

Cyber Orange - Scorching and beautiful! And see also references to school bus. Hm... needs to go more orange or... remember how you felt seeing all those yellow Xterras after about 2 years? Love the idea. but in two years I've got a screaming yellow truck in my face every day.

Velocity Blue - At first I was like hell no. Then as time went on, hell yeah. I think the VB Raptors with black and gray trim look fucking baller. I am strongly considering VB. Some reports of "stripper car" regret make me think this bright of a blue will begin to feel cheap. But damn, it's looking good on the Bronco.

All of which brings me to something very simple and old-school boring, but packed with possibilities:

Iconic Silver - Silver, and silver Fords, look boring, OK? Let's just admit it. Most silver cars do. BUT... Silver is timeless. It looks OK clean or dirty. It looks great with black and gray accents. And it's a nice sort of blank canvas from which to customize. I'm seeing this now as a BD Iconic Silver 2-door, customizing with Method Race 703s in bronze, 33-inch meats, the Bronco retro graphics (rainbow red, yellow, orange) and oxblood red seat covers inside.

In other words, not too loud, not too hot, not too cold, not too...... But this one is just right.

Ultimately this Goldilocks has come to realize it's not so much what Ford offers us.

It's what we choose to do with our Broncos that will make our Bronco feel like OUR BRONCO.

Enjoy the struggle to decide!
Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With the silver, you will NOT see yourself coming or going! The take rate on that is below 3% I believe.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as somebody who is getting antimatter and spent weeks in pain over it.

dont think about it.

rapid red looks great on the car , so does the orange

OP
OP

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
as somebody who is getting antimatter and spent weeks in pain over it.

dont think about it.

rapid red looks great on the car , so does the orange
So you're saying don't over think it. Just go with gut based on B&P? That's kind of where I have landed. I have seen the Cactus in person on Rangers. Its damn nice.

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've had almost the same thought process. CO-beautiful paint but too yellow, VB reminds of the base/lower level F150s from 5-10 years ago that were everywhere, gray is just gray, CG and A51 are very popular, Race is just red, Rapid is a nice color. But I'm thinking the silver looks really good on the 4dr soft top BD and BL. The take rate being so low is just a pleasant surprise and benefit.
AMB is still in the running too, but I need to find one in person.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've had almost the same thought process. CO-beautiful paint but too yellow, VB reminds of the base/lower level F150s from 5-10 years ago that were everywhere, gray is just gray, CG and A51 are very popular, But I'm thinking the silver looks really good on the 4dr soft top BD and BL. The take rate being so low is just a pleasant surprise and benefit.
AMB is still in the running too, but I need to find one in person.
I wish Twister Orange was available. That would 100% be my color choice.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Red leather seats can really pop against a silver exterior. But here is the problem, you have to match the other interior colors. Good luck: red seats with black interior and "sand" dash....noooo. Red with navy pier? hell to the no. Red seats with, ummm, black interior with orange stitching? ouch. Red seats with bronze (read that copper) dash cap and silver dash face. I doubt it.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you're saying don't over think it. Just go with gut based on B&P? That's kind of where I have landed. I have seen the Cactus in person on Rangers. Its damn nice.
no
no
no
no

the build and price colors look NOTHING like they do in real life. Go look at pictures of it on the cars.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Join us in 2022!

Ford Bronco The Goldilocks dilemma - colors colors

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Red leather seats can really pop against a silver exterior. But here is the problem, you have to match the other interior colors. Good luck: red seats with black interior and "sand" dash....noooo. Red with navy pier? hell to the no. Red seats with, ummm, black interior with orange stitching? ouch. Red seats with bronze (read that copper) dash cap and silver dash face. I doubt it.
Point taken. I'm talking about inexpensive seat covers. I remember seeing silver Mustangs and red interior offered a few years ago and those really stuck with me. But no, I'm not going to have 5 colors battling for attention in the interior.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

remember how you felt seeing all those yellow Xterras after about 2 years?
Yeah, when I went to go buy one in 2011 I was pissed that they weren't selling any of the cool colors anymore!

OP
OP

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, when I went to go buy one in 2011 I was pissed that they weren't selling any of the cool colors anymore!
It's always what we can't have. If Ford phases out Cyber next year, a lot of folks will be missing it.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fell into this trap as well. As soon as I saw the first real pictures come out, I fell in love with my color. Then I spent months having a fling with every other color. Then I realized I was being ridiculous, and I just went with my original choice.

From your post, it sounds like you really like Cactus Grey. Get the CG. Who cares how many there are in the wild...

"This is my Cactus Grey Bronco. There are many others like it, but this one is mine."

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Point taken. I'm talking about inexpensive seat covers. I remember seeing silver Mustangs and red interior offered a few years ago and those really stuck with me. But no, I'm not going to have 5 colors battling for attention in the interior.
I am with you on the red/silver combo. Probably saw the same Mustang. It was drop dead gorgeous with those contrasting colors.
Sponsored