First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone actually have an idea when the first Broncos will be delivered? I keep reading June, maybe July, maybe 2022....

If one were ordered now, when would it realistically deliver?

Not certain when the order banks will change/open to 2022 model years, however, same question... let’s say they open in June. What would be a realistic time frame for delivery?

**** I am aware of the chip shortage. Just wondering your guys’ thoughts.

thank you
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Early summer, June/July sounds consistent with previous posts
2. At least 12 months from now, possibly a late MY22 but totally depends upon what you order and supplies. If you avoid whats referred to as the deadly sins, your order could be delivered much sooner.
3. Order banks for MY22 will probably be late summer early fall, but its just a guess.

There's still a great deal of uncertainty how the chip shortage and pandemic related delays in commodities will change things. If you need a new car, this is not for you right now. If you're willing to wait and make a $100 refundable deposit on a reservation, then I would suggest making it soon.

My vehicle is fine for another year or two, so I plan to wait for now.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This process is so insane, I’m thinking of reserving again soon, so maybe the second res will be available by the time I want to trade my alleged my21 rapid red base for whatever trim package is available in green....

OP
OP

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. Early summer, June/July sounds consistent with previous posts
2. At least 12 months from now, possibly a late MY22 but totally depends upon what you order and supplies. If you avoid whats referred to as the deadly sins, your order could be delivered much sooner.
3. Order banks for MY22 will probably be late summer early fall, but its just a guess.

There's still a great deal of uncertainty how the chip shortage and pandemic related delays in commodities will change things. If you need a new car, this is not for you right now. If you're willing to wait and make a $100 refundable deposit on a reservation, then I would suggest making it soon.

My vehicle is fine for another year or two, so I plan to wait for now.
thank You for the info. I really appreciate it. This helps us with making our decision.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone actually have an idea when the first Broncos will be delivered? I keep reading June, maybe July, maybe 2022....

If one were ordered now, when would it realistically deliver?

Not certain when the order banks will change/open to 2022 model years, however, same question... let’s say they open in June. What would be a realistic time frame for delivery?

**** I am aware of the chip shortage. Just wondering your guys’ thoughts.

thank you
Welcome to the Thunderdome. You have not been inundated with links. Ford has committed to all 2021s being customer orders, no dealer stock other than dealer mannequins. They have not made that commitment for 2022 models. It's a crap shoot, but you may not end up waiting as long as some of us. The cut off for guaranteed 2021 price on a '22 has come and gone. Best of luck!!!

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the Thunderdome. You have not been inundated with links. Ford has committed to all 2021s being customer orders, no dealer stock other than dealer mannequins. They have not made that commitment for 2022 models. It's a crap shoot, but you may not end up waiting as long as some of us. The cut off for guaranteed 2021 price on a '22 has come and gone. Best of luck!!!
I assume they have not committed to doing the same for MY22 merely because as they work down the backlog they will get to the point where they don’t have enough diversity in the order banks to be able to build only them.

Meaning they will need to fill gaps in parts availability for retail orders with stock production to keep the lines running. (Even currently we’re seeing Ford reach waaaaay out for low trim soft tops just to fill the slots).

In any event, with the back of the napkin math I suspect Ford will catch up with all backlogged retail orders by the end of MY22, in that anyone ordering today would still be My22…

The *vast* majority of reservations were from the first few days… it’s been a relative trickle since then. Those first days are where most of the backlog lies.

Of course, all that is just wild speculation on my part.

OP
OP

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I assume they have not committed to doing the same for MY22 merely because as they work down the backlog they will get to the point where they don’t have enough diversity in the order banks to be able to build only them.

Meaning they will need to fill gaps in parts availability for retail orders with stock production to keep the lines running. (Even currently we’re seeing Ford reach waaaaay out for low trim soft tops just to fill the slots).

In any event, with the back of the napkin math I suspect Ford will catch up with all backlogged retail orders by the end of MY22, in that anyone ordering today would still be My22…

The *vast* majority of reservations were from the first few days… it’s been a relative trickle since then. Those first days are where most of the backlog lies.

Of course, all that is just wild speculation on my part.
well,

we are just thinking about getting a sport for her and a full size in a few years.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hope that in a few years you would be able to get one at a dealership or be able to order without a long delay. If you are thinking 18 months to 2 years then I would go ahead and reserve one. It is $100 but refundable so you do not have to decide now or be committed.

OP
OP

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would hope that in a few years you would be able to get one at a dealership or be able to order without a long delay. If you are thinking 18 months to 2 years then I would go ahead and reserve one. It is $100 but refundable so you do not have to decide now or be committed.
That’s a good point.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
well,

we are just thinking about getting a sport for her and a full size in a few years.
The interior dimensions are basically identical between the sport and full size bronco (ducks for cover - since most haven’t realized that) but you do get slightly bigger cargo, but not by much. The bronco exterior is just bigger, and Sasquatch is even wider

So just know you’re not really picking up interior space by going with the full size

OP
OP

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The interior dimensions are basically identical between the sport and full size bronco (ducks for cover - since most haven’t realized that) but you do get slightly bigger cargo, but not by much. The bronco exterior is just bigger, and Sasquatch is even wider

So just know you’re not really picking up interior space by going with the full size
wow!! I did not know that. Thank You for the info. Definitely worth thinking about
Sponsored