Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Newbie here and I have to admit I am totally 100% confused on the whole bronco buying process. I have searched and searched and don't see a simple explanation on it all. Hope someone can make it a lot more clear.

I talked to our local Ford dealer and they told me last spring....wait till August 15 and we can get your order in for the one you want. I visited them in August and they told me "sorry, Ford closed the order banks until October". Its October and no dice on ordering. They say..."just print out what you want and I will stick it in my drawer till the banks open". Oh...and when will that be? "really don't know". cripes. seriously.

I honestly am not sure how this all works. I have been reading this forum and anything Bronco related I can find in a rather scary obsessive fashion since this vehicle was announced. I stupidly missed putting my $100 down long ago and it is a total mystery on how to...or I even can order something. Dealers in my area seem to be more clueless than I am.

So what is the simple grade school explanation on ordering a damn bronco for a normal mortal with no reservation, no being on any build list or any other list. Is it sour grapes I will never be able to order the Bronco I want? I am stuck bending over the ADM barrel and taking it like a man? Which sadly I am contemplating doing any day...so save me! It is all so damn annoying. I just want my 2dr efffing bronco!!!!!

I test drove a few plain jane wrangler sports and a couple 4 dr non SAS broncos (Big Bend & OBX) and for my blind eye the bronco is a superior daily driver and I don't rock crawl or do heavy 4x4 stuff so I want to go the bronco route.

I seriously feel for all the folks waiting, and waiting, and waiting...so I dont want to come across as the a-hole wanting to cut in line...I just would love to have a tad bit of a clearer idea if I could ever get one of these before they take my license away for being too old to drive.

Man, in my 60 years on this rock I never EVER in my wildest dreams would have thought it would be so hard to buy a vehicle.
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem is they had a hugely popular new model launch occur during the worst possible time (COVID and its related shortages) and its been plagued with shortages and supplier issues that have made a tough situation worse, in addition to some stupid decisions on Ford's end.. As of now the order banks are closed until they get all of the existing order holders converted to 2023 model year Broncos, at which time they are supposedly going to reevaluate. Some of us with more in demand configurations like myself have been waiting over 2 years and still nothing. Some people have gotten theirs much faster.... so to be honest... no clue. I would probably just give the dealer the info on what you want or just wait until more details come out.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Newbie here and I have to admit I am totally 100% confused on the whole bronco buying process. I have searched and searched and don't see a simple explanation on it all. Hope someone can make it a lot more clear.

I talked to our local Ford dealer and they told me last spring....wait till August 15 and we can get your order in for the one you want. I visited them in August and they told me "sorry, Ford closed the order banks until October". Its October and no dice on ordering. They say..."just print out what you want and I will stick it in my drawer till the banks open". Oh...and when will that be? "really don't know". cripes. seriously.

I honestly am not sure how this all works. I have been reading this forum and anything Bronco related I can find in a rather scary obsessive fashion since this vehicle was announced. I stupidly missed putting my $100 down long ago and it is a total mystery on how to...or I even can order something. Dealers in my area seem to be more clueless than I am.

So what is the simple grade school explanation on ordering a damn bronco for a normal mortal with no reservation, no being on any build list or any other list. Is it sour grapes I will never be able to order the Bronco I want? I am stuck bending over the ADM barrel and taking it like a man? Which sadly I am contemplating doing any day...so save me! It is all so damn annoying. I just want my 2dr efffing bronco!!!!!

I test drove a few plain jane wrangler sports and a couple 4 dr broncos (Big Bend & non OBX) and for my blind eye the bronco is a superior daily driver and I don't rock crawl or do heavy 4x4 stuff so I want to go the bronco route.

I seriously feel for all the folks waiting, and waiting, and waiting...so I dont want to come across as the a-hole wanting to cut in line...I just would love to have a tad bit of a clearer idea if I could ever get one of these before they take my license away for being too old to drive.

Man, in my 60 years on this rock I never EVER in my wildest dreams would have thought it would be so hard to buy a vehicle.
I feel your frustration here. The silver lining is the ADM days will not last for long. You can already find 4dr non-wildtracks at MSRP if you have some patience and cast a wide enough net. I expect as the economy continues to dry up youā€™ll eventually find a 2dr Bronco that a dealer will sell for MSRP.

Thatā€™s probably your quickest options. Idk how old you are but if youā€™re not buying green bananas anymore I wouldnā€™t mess around with placing another order and playing the allocation/commodities roulette.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hey say..."just print out what you want and I will stick it in my drawer till the banks open". Oh...and when will that be? "really don't know". cripes. seriously.
This is actually one of the more accurate "My dealer said..." quotes

As far as ordering, Ford is to evaluate the order backlog in late Q4 and will then make a decision on when to reopen the order banks to public walk ins.

In the meantime, have a look here at the Ford Bronco FAQ that nobody else bothers to read either

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to the Ford Shit Show.
Worst rollout of a vehicle, ever.
You will be inundated with opinions, but I will say, you cannot trust what Dealers do or tell you. (Never heard the same story twice from multiple Dealerships). And Iā€˜ve had a ā€˜21 and now own a ā€˜22.
Check out the Thread about good Dealership experiences, or ask for a referral in your area.

Sponsored

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You actually know just as much as the rest of us as to when Ford will open up the order banks again. Ford isnā€™t saying. And dealers are champing at the bit to take in new orders and doing so by spreading misinformation.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as ordering, Ford is to evaluate the order backlog in late Q4 and will then make a decision on when to reopen the order banks to public walk ins.

In the meantime, have a look here at the Ford Bronco FAQ that nobody else bothers to read either

LIES! I've read it... and learned nothing... but I've read it.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel your frustration here. The silver lining is the ADM days will not last for long. You can already find 4dr non-wildtracks at MSRP if you have some patience and cast a wide enough net. I expect as the economy continues to dry up youā€™ll eventually find a 2dr Bronco that a dealer will sell for MSRP.

Thatā€™s probably your quickest options. Idk how old you are but if youā€™re not buying green bananas anymore I wouldnā€™t mess around with placing another order and playing the allocation/commodities roulette.

Lol, love the green bananas line. I am borrowing that. :) I am not that old so not a desperation thing...more like the I WANT IT NOW thing. :)

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I test drove a few plain jane wrangler sports and a couple 4 dr non SAS broncos (Big Bend & OBX) and for my blind eye the bronco is a superior daily driver and I don't rock crawl or do heavy 4x4 stuff so I want to go the bronco route.

The first thing I would do Tony, find a more knowledgeable dealer. They do exist.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LIES! I've read it... and learned nothing... but I've read it.

I read it too but wasn't sure if it was the latest and greatest info...or if it was more like guidelines.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually did learn a few things but I felt like being combative this morning. Pretty much sums it up though... not really the "how did we get to this place" part of it... but situationally speaking, it hits most of the points.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As many of said the vehicle was more popular then anyone could have imagined. With the interested rates high and economy slowing down the ADM will fad. I do believe they will reopen the order banks after the Q4 as they have been cranking out the broncos for res holders like myself lately. Just understand there are people like me that reserved in July of 2020 and still don't have delivery. Your only options are keep searching and be willing to drive a good distance to get what you want.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My 2-cents if I were in your position would be to get your name on a list at five or ten local dealers near you and let them know what you are looking for in a model Bronco. You will not get it 100% the way you want it but those are the options now. 3-5k is normal ADM in my area for a 2-door canceled order. Many dealers are getting in cars that were ordered and the person is no longer able/interested in buying. Once the order banks open up for new orders you are going to have a year+ minimum wait. I have found most dealers to be pretty shady and gaming the order banks system to benefit themselves by ordering cars under family, friends, and salespeople's names and prioritizing those orders above off-the-street orders.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other thing too you could ask your dealer to notify you when they have one on the lot for sale. Chances are at this point in time, there will be an adm (but not as high as last year) but you could try to bargain the dealer down to msrp. Ford is trying to finish up all the reservations they have outstanding and also fulfill dealer allocation.

With the higher rates these days, there could be a lot of people with reservations/orders that canā€™t afford the car anymore due to the interest rates. Iā€™ve been seeing broncos sitting on dealer lots now here in Southern California. Usually 2-3 but they get snatched up fast.

if you want one soon just tell the dealer to notify you when one is there for sale. If you want to order one to your specific build, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it will take a year to receive the bronco.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2-cents if I were in your position would be to get your name on a list at five or ten local dealers near you and let them know what you are looking for in a model Bronco. You will not get it 100% the way you want it but those are the options now. 3-5k is normal ADM in my area for a 2-door canceled order. Many dealers are getting in cars that were ordered and the person is no longer able/interested in buying. Once the order banks open up for new orders you are going to have a year+ minimum wait. I have found most dealers to be pretty shady and gaming the order banks system to benefit themselves by ordering cars under family, friends, and salespeople's names and prioritizing those orders above off-the-street orders.
ha you beat me to itā€¦ I was typing basically the same thing
Sponsored