First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my reservation in Oct 2020 (10,000,000).
I went to my dealership Mar 26th (so I missed the March deadline), made my build, but I actually decided to put it on hold because I started to feel uncomfortable w/ the dealership.
There were just a few red flags: My initial salesman (prior to orders) quit and it seemed really abrupt, I actually found out through reviews and a thread on this site it was because the dealership was acting "unethically"? My new salesman said the dealership is not allowing even a dollar below MSRP (which understandable I guess) then he proceeded to tell me they have let people walk out the door to work with other dealerships over 500$ in savings.... like what? Even when I stated there were dealerships offering invoice pricing around the area I live they said they were 100% not willing to do that.

I am an RN so the last year has been unreal, I gave my all to the hospital and threw everything else aside. I really haven't had the energy or time to do in-depth research until these last few weeks, also why I am behind on placing my order. Now I am just feeling like wtf.
It for sure feels like I know more than the salesperson I am dealing with, but that sounds to be the consensus.

-Is that stuff normal for a dealership? (I'm kind of nervous they will dick me around and tack on extra fees or whatever). This is my 1st brand new car purchase and I feel very naive. I have been leasing w/ honda and have had a totally different experience than I have had at this ford dealership.

-Is there anything I can make them agree to like no aftermarket (I added a kayak roof rack) installation fees, them paying for the tax, or something? I am just trying to find something to justify staying with them.

-Can I even move my reservation? Would it be worth it at this point?

-When I asked for my invoice pricing comparison it has a priority code of 19 does that mean I could get my build 2021 or is that not even close to reality?

-Is it in my best interest to just stick it out with this dealership and get the build?

After this past year, I just want a freakin car I can take the doors and roof off and just drive w/ some fresh air in my god damn bare face.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you all! and thank you for all your research and work you all put into these threads they have been a hugely helpful resource.
Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's extremely doubtful, if not impossible that you'll receive a 2021 based upon your reservation date. I'm a July reservation and am 99.99% sure I'm a 2022.

You can change dealers.

Not sure where you're located, but it would be worthwhile to see what other dealers in the area are doing price wise. Granger in IA is offering quite a deal, do a search for "2K Under invoice".

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe 19 means 21 but don’t quote me on that. If your dealer doesn’t have many orders you might be high up on there allocations list so it is quite possible. Wife is on the heart team and couldn’t wait any longer so she got a jeep in October for that open air feel.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After this past year, I just want a freakin car I can take the doors and roof off and just drive w/ some fresh air in my god damn bare face.
Nice! You deserve it for sure! (y)

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

check on here to see if there are any threads about dealers in your area that others are using and switch. I think you are already past the date where you would have the chance to get a 2021, but with that late of a reservation you are looking at 22 bronco

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, OP, for saying this, which IMO should be the B6G motto:

"I just want a freakin car I can take the doors and roof off and just drive with some fresh air in my god damn bare face."

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My new salesman said the dealership is not allowing even a dollar below MSRP (which understandable I guess) then he proceeded to tell me they have let people walk out the door to work with other dealerships over 500$ in savings.... like what? Even when I stated there were dealerships offering invoice pricing around the area I live they said they were 100% not willing to do that.
I think what that guy said is stupid, but he's not wrong on his position. Not a single dealer in my state is under MSRP.

I think you should stick with your order at that dealer, but if you are flexible with what style of Bronco you can accept, you just might be able to grab a Bronco earlier that hasn't been claimed. Maybe. Depends on how this all shakes out with dealers getting Broncos they can sell to non reservation holders.

edit: Or see what DealerInsider has to say. 😂

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the OP might be in the Minneapolis area. Only ~4 hours from Granger.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I placed my reservation in Oct 2020 (10,000,000).
I went to my dealership Mar 26th (so I missed the March deadline), made my build, but I actually decided to put it on hold because I started to feel uncomfortable w/ the dealership.
There were just a few red flags: My initial salesman (prior to orders) quit and it seemed really abrupt, I actually found out through reviews and a thread on this site it was because the dealership was acting "unethically"? My new salesman said the dealership is not allowing even a dollar below MSRP (which understandable I guess) then he proceeded to tell me they have let people walk out the door to work with other dealerships over 500$ in savings.... like what? Even when I stated there were dealerships offering invoice pricing around the area I live they said they were 100% not willing to do that.

I am an RN so the last year has been unreal, I gave my all to the hospital and threw everything else aside. I really haven't had the energy or time to do in-depth research until these last few weeks, also why I am behind on placing my order. Now I am just feeling like wtf.
It for sure feels like I know more than the salesperson I am dealing with, but that sounds to be the consensus.

-Is that stuff normal for a dealership? (I'm kind of nervous they will dick me around and tack on extra fees or whatever). This is my 1st brand new car purchase and I feel very naive. I have been leasing w/ honda and have had a totally different experience than I have had at this ford dealership.

-Is there anything I can make them agree to like no aftermarket (I added a kayak roof rack) installation fees, them paying for the tax, or something? I am just trying to find something to justify staying with them.

-Can I even move my reservation? Would it be worth it at this point?

-When I asked for my invoice pricing comparison it has a priority code of 19 does that mean I could get my build 2021 or is that not even close to reality?

-Is it in my best interest to just stick it out with this dealership and get the build?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you all! and thank you for all your research and work you all put into these threads they have been a hugely helpful resource.
Fellow nurse. You are going to wake up farting the smoke they blew up your ass, but I'm a psych nurse at a state mental hospital, so I tend to be blunt. There are dealerships who are at invoice or well below invoice. Your reservation date is well outside any hope of a 2021. Minnesota is not far from Iowa. @Granger Ford has great deals and if you're up for a long road trip, @DealerInsider in Pa and Stephens Ford in WVA have great deals.
Sponsored