Is this normal dealership behavior?

BigGulp711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, i am naive to purchasing a new car. I have had 3 vehicles in my life, all used. Anyways, i have been searching dealer websites looking for a Bronco.

I see one on a dealer website with a pricetag, a A/Z plan price, and a ton of pics. I email and ask if the bronco is still available and they say "thats a customer order, not for sale"
Wtf
Why is it listed for sale on their webite
Another dealer, i see a bronco for sale, price, pics, specs, everything. I email and they say its a demo, not for sale
My God talk about a 🍆 killer
Then they try to dupe me to come over to their dealership and look at other vehicles.
Is all of this common with dealerships?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. These get auto generated when an order is made I believe. Likely to entice customers to call and suck them into something else (just my guess). But it is very common.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably 90% of the vehicles you see listed on a dealer site for MSRP are already sold for the reason posted above.

If you want to buy a Bronco off the lot expect to pay 10-20k over sticker. Otherwise place an order when the banks reopen next month.

CWL

Badlands
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2018 F150, 2022 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford, and other manufacturers do it from a corporate level I think. My VIN and build has been on my dealers website since it hit production. Says "Call for Price". FORD put it on there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BigGulp711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford, and other manufacturers do it from a corporate level I think. My VIN and build has been on my dealers website since it hit production. Says "Call for Price". FORD put it on there.
Oh wow, kinda weird, thanks for the info

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. These get auto generated when an order is made I believe. Likely to entice customers to call and suck them into something else (just my guess). But it is very common.
Close... auto-generated once the vehicle enters production or when the vehicle is shipped to the dealer (depending how they set it up).

The biggest reason is so the sales team no longer has to manually update the website every day as vehicles they ordered roll off the production line. Saves them a ton of time on a daily basis if it just happens automatically. Nowadays these sales systems are all completely integrated and automated. If it's in the dealer's internal inventory system it'll automatically post the vehicle on the website, and it gets automatically removed from the website once the dealer marks it as sold on their inventory system.

I talked to my sales manager about it... he said normally these automated systems are fantastic and save him a ton of time. But In the current market, it is actually giving him more work to do. He has to check the website everyday and make sure he labels ordered vehicles as "Under Deposit". If he doesn't do it fast enough or he gets busy doing something else, they get bombarded with phone calls looking for people to buy the vehicle.

But I'm sure a lot of dealers just decide to let the automation do it's thing and they don't bother updating the website.

Ford Bronco Is this normal dealership behavior? 1656691762732

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer saved your life. I remember when mine got shipped and it showed up on the dealer website listed at MSRP. I am sure they got several calls about it. If someone bought it out from under me . . .

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, i am naive to purchasing a new car. I have had 3 vehicles in my life, all used. Anyways, i have been searching dealer websites looking for a Bronco.

I see one on a dealer website with a pricetag, a A/Z plan price, and a ton of pics. I email and ask if the bronco is still available and they say "thats a customer order, not for sale"
Wtf
Why is it listed for sale on their webite
Another dealer, i see a bronco for sale, price, pics, specs, everything. I email and they say its a demo, not for sale
My God talk about a 🍆 killer
Then they try to dupe me to come over to their dealership and look at other vehicles.
Is all of this common with dealerships?

When an ordered vehicle is shipped it’s added to the dealership’s inventory in order to be sold.

OP
OP

BigGulp711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Close... auto-generated once the vehicle enters production or when the vehicle is shipped to the dealer (depending how they set it up).

The biggest reason is so the sales team no longer has to manually update the website every day as vehicles they ordered roll off the production line. Saves them a ton of time on a daily basis if it just happens automatically. Nowadays these sales systems are all completely integrated and automated. If it's in the dealer's internal inventory system it'll automatically post the vehicle on the website, and it gets automatically removed from the website once the dealer marks it as sold on their inventory system.

I talked to my sales manager about it... he said normally these automated systems are fantastic and save him a ton of time. But In the current market, it is actually giving him more work to do. He has to check the website everyday and make sure he labels ordered vehicles as "Under Deposit". If he doesn't do it fast enough or he gets busy doing something else, they get bombarded with phone calls looking for people to buy the vehicle.

But I'm sure a lot of dealers just decide to let the automation do it's thing and they don't bother updating the website.

Ford Bronco Is this normal dealership behavior? 1656691762732
Very informative, thank you!
Sponsored