Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can feel your frustration. I waited 18 months for my base Bronco. I had put a deposit down of $100 and then an additional $400 to the dealer that was in March of 2021. Finally got my Bronco in Sept 28, 2022, which was a 2022 model. Was it worth the wait hell yes. My oldest daughter has a Jeep Wrangler, and she is going to trade in her Jeep for a Bronco no matter how long it takes. I know it's frustrating but believe me it is well worth the wait. All I can say is hang in there and well it finally arrives you will forget about the ling wait.
Sponsored

JohnieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks - 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Newbie here and I have to admit I am totally 100% confused on the whole bronco buying process. I have searched and searched and don't see a simple explanation on it all. Hope someone can make it a lot more clear.

I talked to our local Ford dealer and they told me last spring....wait till August 15 and we can get your order in for the one you want. I visited them in August and they told me "sorry, Ford closed the order banks until October". Its October and no dice on ordering. They say..."just print out what you want and I will stick it in my drawer till the banks open". Oh...and when will that be? "really don't know". cripes. seriously.

I honestly am not sure how this all works. I have been reading this forum and anything Bronco related I can find in a rather scary obsessive fashion since this vehicle was announced. I stupidly missed putting my $100 down long ago and it is a total mystery on how to...or I even can order something. Dealers in my area seem to be more clueless than I am.

So what is the simple grade school explanation on ordering a damn bronco for a normal mortal with no reservation, no being on any build list or any other list. Is it sour grapes I will never be able to order the Bronco I want? I am stuck bending over the ADM barrel and taking it like a man? Which sadly I am contemplating doing any day...so save me! It is all so damn annoying. I just want my 2dr efffing bronco!!!!!

I test drove a few plain jane wrangler sports and a couple 4 dr non SAS broncos (Big Bend & OBX) and for my blind eye the bronco is a superior daily driver and I don't rock crawl or do heavy 4x4 stuff so I want to go the bronco route.

I seriously feel for all the folks waiting, and waiting, and waiting...so I dont want to come across as the a-hole wanting to cut in line...I just would love to have a tad bit of a clearer idea if I could ever get one of these before they take my license away for being too old to drive.

Man, in my 60 years on this rock I never EVER in my wildest dreams would have thought it would be so hard to buy a vehicle.
I think you've come to the right place as far as information on Bronco ordering. This forum has outstanding info and people who will share that info and not make you feel like a 'newbie". :)

I started looking late last year. I did not have a reservation...and by that time, you had to order through your dealer - not on-line. I went to a dealership who had 2 on the lot - and loved them. Tried to order from that dealership and was told they "automatically" would be marking the MSRP up by $10K due to "Market Pricing" - whatever the hell that means. WTF?? I asked "10K over MSRP?? - for what? sending in an order for me?" I walked out; went to another dealership and they said they had no mark-up - MRSP is ordered and that's what you'll pay. I placed my order with a dealer ship 12/13/2022. it's been 11 months of waiting on a fairly basic build - Big Bend; Mid-Level package; Tow; MIC (didn't care for the soft-top) - and I discovered last week I "should" have a VIN and Production Date soon. My dealership has a few of their own Bronco allocations on their lot - and they are selling for $30k-$50k above MSRP - but order placed by customers they process at MSRP.

For new orders - Ford is not taking any new retail orders until 11/21/2022. This gives existing order holders priority and the time to convert from a MY22 to a MY23 and ensure they clear the "99" Priority Code. It also helps Ford clear their backlog of orders. Any orders left in a "99" status will be removed on 11/21/2022.

I called my dealer and the first guy I talked to told me the conversion from MY22 to MY23 would happen automatically and there was nothing for me to do. The information I found out here helped me to walk my dealer through the process and ensure my order was ready for MY23. As I said - you've come to the right place.

Good luck to you - and everyone waiting!

Last edited:

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Newbie here and I have to admit I am totally 100% confused on the whole bronco buying process. I have searched and searched and don't see a simple explanation on it all. Hope someone can make it a lot more clear.

I talked to our local Ford dealer and they told me last spring....wait till August 15 and we can get your order in for the one you want. I visited them in August and they told me "sorry, Ford closed the order banks until October". Its October and no dice on ordering. They say..."just print out what you want and I will stick it in my drawer till the banks open". Oh...and when will that be? "really don't know". cripes. seriously.

I honestly am not sure how this all works. I have been reading this forum and anything Bronco related I can find in a rather scary obsessive fashion since this vehicle was announced. I stupidly missed putting my $100 down long ago and it is a total mystery on how to...or I even can order something. Dealers in my area seem to be more clueless than I am.

So what is the simple grade school explanation on ordering a damn bronco for a normal mortal with no reservation, no being on any build list or any other list. Is it sour grapes I will never be able to order the Bronco I want? I am stuck bending over the ADM barrel and taking it like a man? Which sadly I am contemplating doing any day...so save me! It is all so damn annoying. I just want my 2dr efffing bronco!!!!!

I test drove a few plain jane wrangler sports and a couple 4 dr non SAS broncos (Big Bend & OBX) and for my blind eye the bronco is a superior daily driver and I don't rock crawl or do heavy 4x4 stuff so I want to go the bronco route.

I seriously feel for all the folks waiting, and waiting, and waiting...so I dont want to come across as the a-hole wanting to cut in line...I just would love to have a tad bit of a clearer idea if I could ever get one of these before they take my license away for being too old to drive.

Man, in my 60 years on this rock I never EVER in my wildest dreams would have thought it would be so hard to buy a vehicle.
When I receive my Bronco Raptor mid November for MSRP it will be after waiting 28 months since plunking down $100 July 14th 2020. You're probably going to have to pay some level of ADM depending on what you find on a lot, ordering one now doesn't negate dealers hiking up the price so why wait. I still see plenty of dealers taking delivery.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think you've come to the right place as far as information on Bronco ordering. This forum has outstanding info and people who will share that info and not make you feel like a 'newbie". :)

I started looking late last year. I did not have a reservation...went to another dealership and they said they had no mark-up - MRSP is ordered and that's what you'll pay. I placed my order with a dealer ship 12/13/2021. it's been 11 months of waiting on a fairly basic build - Big Bend; Mid-Level package; Tow; MIC (didn't care for the soft-top) - and I discovered last week I "should" have a VIN and Production Date soonā€¦ ā€¦I called my dealer and the first guy I talked to told me the conversion from MY22 to MY23 would happen automatically and there was nothing for me to do. The information I found out here helped me to walk my dealer through the process and ensure my order was ready for MY23. As I said - you've come to the right place.

Good luck to you - and everyone waiting!
Iā€™ve recently learnt Tow Package has been a constraint and many have dropped it for the ā€˜23 reorderā€¦

Regarding the need to educate these dealers, itā€™s baffling these professionals lack basic comprehension skills of not only the dealer playbooks but the information given to the public šŸ˜

JohnieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks - 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve recently learnt Tow Package has been a constraint and many have dropped it for the ā€˜23 reorderā€¦

Regarding the need to educate these dealers, itā€™s baffling these professionals lack basic comprehension skills of not only the dealer playbooks but the information given to the public šŸ˜
Tow package has been a constraint in the past...but I've read it's no longer one and many of the recent build emails had Tow orders...so hopefully they're past the issue now.

Sponsored

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540ļ¼Œ2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thereā€™s a dealer near me thatā€™s selling a two door badlands with sas and mid package for MSRP. I wouldā€™ve bought it if it has high package since my wife needs that 360 camera for parking.

cyxpack

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go to the largest dealer in your area (they have more allocation). Get your build to that dealer, so they can get your order in as soon as order banks open.

Oh, and get it in writing that there will not be any ADM (if they are not willing go to the next largest dealer in your area).

Expect to put a down a deposit. I dropped $1,000.

My Wildtrak with Lux, mic, leather, SAS, 2.7, mod bumper, will be delivered in under a year at MSRP with this formula.

Your dealer was stating the information they had, we were all expecting the order banks for new orders to open in August, mama Ford is continually changing plans on all of us.

And check this forum for updates on when the order banks will open, be pesky with your dealer to be sure they get your order in right away.

Also word of advice, donā€™t settle, and donā€™t try to chase constraints. What is a constraint when you place your order, probably will not be a constraint by the time you take your order.

Good luck.

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base