First Name
Kemper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking to upgrade wheels and tires on our stock outer banks 4 door. Leaning towards black rhino wheels and BFG ko2 tires. Wheels would be 17x8.5 with a +0 offset.

My question is this, wanting to keep stock height and have around a 33”-34” tire size with flush to 2” of poke past the fenders. What tire size would make this work? 285/75/17? 34/10.5/17? Or any other suggestions?

Side pictures for reference of the amount it’ll stick out past the fender would help as well.

Thanks.
Ford Bronco Tire Size Help 3F5BBB44-7627-42D3-A28C-E38FF4586511
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright so you can use math to figure this out pretty easily.

The stock factory tires have a +55mm offset. On tire sizes, the first number is the width of the tire in millimeters. The stock Outer Banks tires are 255mm wide.

So… now for the math:

If you move to the 285mm wide tire, that would make it 30mm (285mm - 255mm) wider than stock tire. Which means just moving to the wider tire alone would give you 15mm (30mm / 2) more poke than the stock configuration. Combine that with the wheel offset and you are moving the wheels 70mm (15mm + 55mm) out from their stock configuration, or 2.76” (70 mm * (1 inch / 25.4 mm)).

From there you can use your tape measure on your Bronco to see if that is acceptable for you. Rinse/repeat with different tire/wheel sizes until you find what you are looking for. Keep in mind that any amount of poke beyond the fender is probably going to increase the amount of crap thrown at the paint on your doors and the rear fender.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Elder77

Outer Banks
First Name
Kemper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Alright so you can use math to figure this out pretty easily.

The stock factory tires have a +55mm offset. On tire sizes, the first number is the width of the tire in millimeters. The stock Outer Banks tires are 255mm wide.

So… now for the math:

If you move to the 285mm wide tire, that would make it 30mm (285mm - 255mm) wider than stock tire. Which means just moving to the wider tire alone would give you 15mm (30mm / 2) more poke than the stock configuration. Combine that with the wheel offset and you are moving the wheels 70mm (15mm + 55mm) out from their stock configuration, or 2.76” (70 mm * (1 inch / 25.4 mm)).

From there you can use your tape measure on your Bronco to see if that is acceptable for you. Rinse/repeat with different tire/wheel sizes until you find what you are looking for. Keep in mind that any amount of poke beyond the fender is probably going to increase the amount of crap thrown at the paint on your doors and the rear fender.
Thanks, I will have to get the tape measure out and see how that looks. I would assume it would probably be good. Hopefully someone has pictures of similar size wheels and tire combo for reference.

Mdalton2

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, I will have to get the tape measure out and see how that looks. I would assume it would probably be good. Hopefully someone has pictures of similar size wheels and tire combo for reference.
Hello I have a similar situation and all this tire talk has me spinning. I’ve got a stock outer banks with 18” wheels…but would like to beef things up a bit. I found a guy looking to sell some 17” wheels and tires off of his badlands…with a tire size of 315 75R 17. My question is will this setup work without any lifting required, and will I need to remove the crash bars? Thanks in advance for any and all advice my friends!
Sponsored