Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends on the mud. East Coast mud is a lot less nasty than Southwest mud. If I get mud in CA, AZ, and UT I make it a point to stop by a hand wash as soon as I make it back to asphalt. The mud is still not fully dry and the folk operating those hand washes don't get all pissy with you for leaving a crap ton of mud in their bay, ukke the sissies in San Diego who sometimes even post signs "no mud washing".

I suspect the "sissies in San Diego" are forced by local and state regs to recycle the water used at the car wash, unlike many other states. And you can imagine what mud does to their filtration systems. So given the location in a heavy regulated state, maybe they get a little slack for being uptight about mud. Just my guess... :unsure:

Actually, confirmed:
https://www.carwash.com/law-requiring-carwashes-to-recycle-water-passed-in-ca/
Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s lots of fun, until you need to clean it.
I learned this the hard way last weekend. Hit a mud hole out in northern AZ. Wasn’t even that bad but the rocky mud was on literally everything underneath. My driveway is still full of mud. I wasn’t even able to get it all off from the inner parts of the suspension.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I learned this the hard way last weekend. Hit a mud hole out in northern AZ. Wasn’t even that bad but the rocky mud was on literally everything underneath. My driveway is still full of mud. I wasn’t even able to get it all off from the inner parts of the suspension.
Mud needs to be taken off / hosed off in a car wash bay!
Sponsored