First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4door base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone having the same issue as me and have a fix for it? sounds like my top is a 100 year old house. Creaks and clicks over every bump. no clue how to fix it
Sponsored

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a roof rack mounted?

I run the oem rack with a light weight rtt in the summer, and I have some horrendous creaking over gravel roads and bumps.
Took the tent and rack off for winter, and roof seems to be making a lot less noise.
I thought the issue was the oem rack, so I was looking at other options, but maybe the problem is the roof?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone having the same issue as me and have a fix for it? sounds like my top is a 100 year old house. Creaks and clicks over every bump. no clue how to fix it
It’s the guide pins for the front two portions. I wrapped mine in electrical tape and it went away.

Arvitrekking

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, same issue. I haven’t spent any time yet to try and fix it. My first thought is to clean and lubricate all the rubber with dry lube.

Function_7

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s the guide pins for the front two portions. I wrapped mine in electrical tape and it went away.
Mine is definitely not coming from the guide pins. It’s a squeak from inside the hard top itself, and sounds like it’s coming from behind the second row seats. It sounds like two pieces of styrofoam being rubbed together

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door hardtop makes no noise. I removed the guide pins shortly after purchase, top is easier for me to remove and reinstall without them. Wonder if some bolts are loosened, or if some panel is misaligned on your top, contacting another panel or roll bar area causing a creak?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine is definitely not coming from the guide pins. It’s a squeak from inside the hard top itself, and sounds like it’s coming from behind the second row seats. It sounds like two pieces of styrofoam being rubbed together
That is the liftgate window rubber seal rubbing on top of tailgate. You need some krytox lube on there, every 6 months or so.

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was going to vote liftgate/window as well.

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Kevink820 have you ever found a fix for this? Having the same issue. Dealer pretty much said there is nothing we can do.

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, the noise was driving out of my mind! If its the clicking you are experiencing, then as Monster1926 mentioned its most likely the guide pins. I had this issue and I lubricated the seals and guide pins with Sil-Glyde and it worked perfectly for me. I've been "click-free" now for a couple of months. Hope this helps... here's a link to the product... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KXLR5E?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Sponsored