Sponsored

Tow Hooks..........How many and standard equipment?

Trafficman337

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2022 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone tell me if there should be two tow hooks on the modular front bumper on a new 2022 WildTrak? Also is there supposed to be two in the back?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two in the front integrated into the bumper (ultimately attached to the frame), two in the rear under the bumper.

None of them are actually “hooks”. The two in the front are D-ring mounts. The rear recovery points are just steel rings.

OP
OP
Trafficman337

Trafficman337

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2022 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two in the front integrated into the bumper (ultimately attached to the frame), two in the rear under the bumper.

None of them are actually “hooks”. The two in the front are D-ring mounts. The rear recovery points are just steel rings.

Keeping in mind, I am dumb, this means there are not hooks dangling off those two circular pieces in the bumber? I only see one on the driver's side rear. Hmmmm.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping in mind, I am dumb, this means there are not hooks dangling off those two circular pieces in the bumber? I only see one on the driver's side rear. Hmmmm.
Correct, no hooks. You can add hooks with the D-ring mounts but there are no standard hooks.

You may be right about the rear though… there may only be one. On my dealer’s 2021 demo Wildtrak there was definitely two recovery points (looking at the pictures now). But I just watched a few videos on YouTube, and they only have one. So maybe that was something Ford changed for the 2022 model year, or maybe the early dealer demo units came with two for some reason.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i thought 2021 they had 2 hooks in back, but 2022 went to one, supply issues, probably to save money

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2022 black diamond with modular bumper but rear plastic and just 1 recovery hook / tow hook at the back.

I used to think all off-road versions got 2 like BD, Badlands & Wildtrack.
I see mine has the 2 bolts to hold the hook but the actual 2nd hook is not there.

Don't really know if I was even supposed to get 2 hooks at the back :(
And don't know if I can even do anything about it considering I bought back in June

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2022 wildtrak, only the single tow ring on the rear. Bolts are there for the second one, so it's easy as ordering it (part no MB3Z-17N808-B, sells for ~$50) and bolting it on
Sponsored