First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the A-pillar armor as well. I like it, but there are a couple issues. One is that it doesn't cover 100% of the painted surface. I don't mind it, but some people do. For whatever reason they made the top pieces really short and the pieces that goe on the covers for the roof rack mounts wider. It's a really weird design with black tape to go in between everything.

I've also had the top piece come half way off on the interstate. Had to peel it off carefully and reinstall with wider tape. It was definitely installed correctly the first time.

Anyone wanting just the look may want to try something like this first. Or maybe the vinyl that was posted above.

https://www.stickerfab.com/products/matte-black-window-frame-black-out-kit-2021-bronco
Great information. Thank you for sharing it. The Stickerfab option might be a decent compromise. I have found that both my corner armor sets as well as the hood deflector have similar issues. Weird gaps in strange places. As if the plastic shrunk when taken out of the mold, or the mold was slightly off. Any chance you could take pictures of the areas in question?
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any chance you could take pictures of the areas in question?
Hope these help.
And I should add that I'm totally fine with them and really like them.

20240303_162410.jpg

20240303_162427.jpg

20240303_162440.jpg

20240303_162517.jpg

20240224_133901.jpg

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi folks. Ford Accessories used to carry a “Trail Armor” windshield surround. It’s the MIC-color plastic material like the other trail armor products, molded to fit the windshield surround and A-pillar areas.

See the attached image for the type of product/material I’m talking about, though the specific one I wanted was the windshield surround (whereas the picture obviously isn’t that)

1. Does anyone actually have this product?

2. Does anyone know if Ford discontinued it? It doesn’t seem to be on there any more (and I was thinking of using My ford pass points)

3. Does anyone have suggestions for protecting that area from chips/dings? I’ve got a small dent—probably from a pebble.

IMG_6441.jpeg
Ppf can protect from some chips/dings.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope these help.
And I should add that I'm totally fine with them and really like them.

20240303_162410.jpg

20240303_162427.jpg

20240303_162440.jpg

20240303_162517.jpg

20240224_133901.jpg
Excellent pictures. Thank you. It’s very similar to my hood deflector and corner armor. I wonder what they were thinking? I think for the money I’ll try the Stickerfab option first.

Sponsored

DirectHit

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well damn, I was all fired up, even when this thread cost me $220. Then I saw PEGB’s photos and now I’m on the fence. I might try to have my wrap guy, wrap the pillars and top piece black and then install these. But I’m sure that will cost another $100.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well damn, I was all fired up, even when this thread cost me $220. Then I saw PEGB’s photos and now I’m on the fence. I might try to have my wrap guy, wrap the pillars and top piece black and then install these. But I’m sure that will cost another $100.
That’s not a bad idea, but like you said, then you’re at more money. Maybe if I found the armor on sale, I’d be more interested. But $220 for something that yet again doesn’t completely fit is steep in my opinion.

Credit goes to GI Joe Nathan for the great pics of the issue. Thanks again.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i was looking all over for this a few weeks ago too.
Thanks for the links.
Hoping it's a decent match to the TurnOffroad hardtop
Sponsored