First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi folks. Ford Accessories used to carry a “Trail Armor” windshield surround. It’s the MIC-color plastic material like the other trail armor products, molded to fit the windshield surround and A-pillar areas.

See the attached image for the type of product/material I’m talking about, though the specific one I wanted was the windshield surround (whereas the picture obviously isn’t that)

1. Does anyone actually have this product?

2. Does anyone know if Ford discontinued it? It doesn’t seem to be on there any more (and I was thinking of using My ford pass points)

3. Does anyone have suggestions for protecting that area from chips/dings? I’ve got a small dent—probably from a pebble.

IMG_6441.jpeg
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have it. I like it. Gives a two-tone look that matches hardtop. Not sure if discontinued. I used pass points.

If it's gone, use some textured vinyl wrap?

Ford Bronco Trail Armor for A-Pillar / Windshield? IMG_20230611_210051_783

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That captures the point of it, but way overdone / too bro-ey. Thanks though.

I have it. I like it. Gives a two-tone look that matches hardtop. Not sure if discontinued. I used pass points.

If it's gone, use some textured vinyl wrap?

Ford Bronco Trail Armor for A-Pillar / Windshield? IMG_20230611_210051_783
Yep. This is exactly the stuff. Was there a model number, part number, or at least a specific product name you could access through your old order?

Thanks

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm using this for the lower rocker panels to protect from rocks and it matches flares well.

Textured, thick Vinyl

Ford Bronco Trail Armor for A-Pillar / Windshield? IMG_20231122_214445_054

Sponsored
OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm using this for the lower rocker panels to protect from rocks and it matches flares well.

Textured, thick Vinyl

Ford Bronco Trail Armor for A-Pillar / Windshield? IMG_20231122_214445_054
Thanks — that’s a good backup option.

But I should have been more clear: I meant do you have a product name / number for the plastic armor (not the vinyl)?

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks — that’s a good backup option.

But I should have been more clear: I meant do you have a product name / number for the plastic armor (not the vinyl)?
No, I got you, just sharing another option... For you and others.

Here is the part number: VM2DZ9902500A

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, I got you, just sharing another option... For you and others.

Here is the part number: VM2DZ9902500A
Amazing. Thanks!

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thread. I didn’t even know these were out there. Now you’ve got me contemplating them. Couple things I’m wondering:

I’ve got a Trailrax sitting in the box waiting for my TOR hardtop to arrive. One of the features of the trailrax is the scallop in their front deflector. Some people use black vinyl on the painted section below to create a more uniform look. I wonder if this AirDesigns trim will work to do the same.

Second thing I’m curious about is, with the top on, this seems like it would tie the black color together nicely. I’ve got an EG Bronco and like how the corner armor and hood wind deflector tie in the black from the wheels, bumper, top and even b- pillar together. This trim would continue that theme…with the top on. Take the top and doors off though and I wonder how it would look as the exposed roll bar etc. are all painted EG LOL.

There are at times like this that I have glimpses of gratitude because I’m living in a time/place where I can spend any time on such insignificant matters lol.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great thread. I didn’t even know these were out there. Now you’ve got me contemplating them. Couple things I’m wondering:

I’ve got a Trailrax sitting in the box waiting for my TOR hardtop to arrive. One of the features of the trailrax is the scallop in their front deflector. Some people use black vinyl on the painted section below to create a more uniform look. I wonder if this AirDesigns trim will work to do the same.

Second thing I’m curious about is, with the top on, this seems like it would tie the black color together nicely. I’ve got an EG Bronco and like how the corner armor and hood wind deflector tie in the black from the wheels, bumper, top and even b- pillar together. This trim would continue that theme…with the top on. Take the top and doors off though and I wonder how it would look as the exposed roll bar etc. are all painted EG LOL.

There are at times like this that I have glimpses of gratitude because I’m living in a time/place where I can spend any time on such insignificant matters lol.
I think it looks good. Here's top off.

Ford Bronco Trail Armor for A-Pillar / Windshield? 1000058074

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re right. It looks fine. Thanks so much for the picture!
Also, just FYI and for others, it does have the pieces for the cover caps but I didn't install them. As you can see from the first picture I shared, I have a light bar and go back and forth, with that, the roof rack, etc.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the A-pillar armor as well. I like it, but there are a couple issues. One is that it doesn't cover 100% of the painted surface. I don't mind it, but some people do. For whatever reason they made the top pieces really short and the pieces that goe on the covers for the roof rack mounts wider. It's a really weird design with black tape to go in between everything.

I've also had the top piece come half way off on the interstate. Had to peel it off carefully and reinstall with wider tape. It was definitely installed correctly the first time.

Anyone wanting just the look may want to try something like this first. Or maybe the vinyl that was posted above.

https://www.stickerfab.com/products/matte-black-window-frame-black-out-kit-2021-bronco
Sponsored