First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What's the consensus of opinion on the BRONCO 2021-2024 FRONT and REAR CORNERS EXTERIOR TRIM TRAIL ARMOR ?? / Seem rather pricey for Part Number: VM2DZ7816F210A / Part Number: VM2DZ78410K17A /

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners Bronco Front Corner Trail Armor

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners Bronco Rear Corner Trail Armor
Sponsored

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was recently pointed out that this 'Armor' (front) prevents the easy removal of the trim bezel below the grill. If you're thinking about replacing the headlights or adding anything else in front, the removal of this piece makes things easier. With the armor glued on, it has to stay with the fenders.

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It was recently pointed out that this 'Armor' (front) prevents the easy removal of the trim bezel below the grill. If you're thinking about replacing the headlights or adding anything else in front, the removal of this piece makes things easier. With the armor glued on, it has to stay with the fenders.
Thank you Ron; very much appreciate your input. As to ". . . prevents the easy removal of the trim bezel . . .." Good "Heads-Up," indeed; worth consideration, for sure. Looking closer at the FORD REAR TRAIL ARMOR I also notice that the rear fender has a "from the bottom left to the upper right" type of "seam-line" whereas - looking at the PLASTIC "Rear Trail Armor" from the driver's side - it seems to have an opposite type of "seam-line" running within it - i.e., "from the upper left to the bottom right" - with that "seam line" terminating just below the Driver's Side Rear Tail Light. In other words, two(2) "seam lines" with EXACTLY OPPOSITE "DIRECTIONAL RUN LINES." JPEG Picture attached / This does not look very appealing, in my opinion.

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners Rear FORD Trail Armor

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it helps with branches and stuff not scratching the paint. However, it looks ugly as heck, in my opinion. I was hesitant to put a hood deflector on mine, but turns out it looks good and matches the Bronco very well. This trail armour just looks awful - If you want to protect your paint, just get PPF.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It looks odd, and takes away from the great appearance of the Bronco.
Yes, thanks MNBigfoot; and I agree: " It looks odd, and takes away from the great appearance of the Bronco." FUNNY . . . but reading your comment and looking again at the TRAIL ARMOR JPEG, then looking at my BRONCO, I'm just now seeing that if I were to "INSTALL" this FORD OFFERED REAR TRAIL ARMOR piece, it would completely cover my SASK logo on the Driver's Side rear fender. FUNNY this realization comes after reading an MNBIGFOOT reply . . . .HILLARIOUS . . . . / No way do I want to "cover up" my SASQUATCH sticker. Hmmmmmm . . . . maybe buy a SASK sticker so I could apply to some kind of a TRAIL ARMOR piece that is one solid unit / i.e., some kind of REAR CORNER TRAIL ARMOR piece with no "upper left to lower right" seam-line evident. I wonder if there are other 4-corner fender protections available. Anyone ???? . . . . . . . Or am I:

You're Shit Out Of Luck.gif

Last edited:

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's the consensus of opinion on the BRONCO 2021-2024 FRONT and REAR CORNERS EXTERIOR TRIM TRAIL ARMOR ?? / Seem rather pricey for Part Number: VM2DZ7816F210A / Part Number: VM2DZ78410K17A /

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners You're Shit Out Of Luck

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners You're Shit Out Of Luck
I can sell you mine, both front and back, brand new still in the box if you still want them after reviewing everyone’s opinions. I told the dealer not to install them and they just handed me the boxes. Never got around to put them on. DM me with an offer if you’re interested.

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I can sell you mine, both front and back, brand new still in the box if you still want them after reviewing everyone’s opinions. I told the dealer not to install them and they just handed me the boxes. Never got around to put them on. DM me with an offer if you’re interested.
Question please: Can you tell me why you are not proceeding with installation ??

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question please: Can you tell me why you are not proceeding with installation ??
Planning on getting aftermarket fenders and quarter panels and wrapping the whole Bronco for protection so I won’t be needing them and they’re probably not going to fit anyway.

New2This

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a fan of the Ford trail armor. it looks ok, but not my cup of tea.

saw this magnetic armor on a car earlier this year. it was really cool
MEK Removable Trail Armor: Bronco 4D Ugly Sweater Holiday Edition – MEK Magnet

here is a gallery of some of the other styles.

Discover Amazing Gallery | MekMagnet – MEK Magnet easy to remove and looks pretty good.
I should probably do a write up eventually, but I’ve got the MEK armor for my Bronco. It’s been a bitch to work with, after a few uses looks terrible, and it’s a struggle to keep clean. You can’t leave it on long if you’re in a wet/snowy environment, which complicates what a pita it is to put on and take off. While it has prevented scratches, it leaves residue that’s also miserable to remove, and I’ve probably caused more scratches and small dents installing/uninstalling than it’s prevented. I’ve unfortunately been using it in a fall/winter in New England period. I’ve notice it is easier to get on and off the warmer it is, but didn’t want to completely skip off season wheeling opportunities, so it is what it is.

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Planning on getting aftermarket fenders and quarter panels and wrapping the whole Bronco for protection so I won’t be needing them and they’re probably not going to fit anyway.
Ahhhhh . . . . . . . . thank you; makes sense. Cripes !! Like that old quote, author unknown: There's something bad in everything good and something good in everything bad. Decisions, decisions . . .

OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Not a fan of the Ford trail armor. it looks ok, but not my cup of tea.

saw this magnetic armor on a car earlier this year. it was really cool
MEK Removable Trail Armor: Bronco 4D Ugly Sweater Holiday Edition – MEK Magnet

here is a gallery of some of the other styles.

Discover Amazing Gallery | MekMagnet – MEK Magnet easy to remove and looks pretty good.
Hey D, thank you; appreciate your input. As to that Magnetic MEK Armor . . . . . interesting, for sure:

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners For some moments in life there are no words

Last edited:
OP
OP
kellyweiss

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I should probably do a write up eventually, but I’ve got the MEK armor for my Bronco. It’s been a bitch to work with, after a few uses looks terrible, and it’s a struggle to keep clean. You can’t leave it on long if you’re in a wet/snowy environment, which complicates what a pita it is to put on and take off. While it has prevented scratches, it leaves residue that’s also miserable to remove, and I’ve probably caused more scratches and small dents installing/uninstalling than it’s prevented. I’ve unfortunately been using it in a fall/winter in New England period. I’ve notice it is easier to get on and off the warmer it is, but didn’t want to completely skip off season wheeling opportunities, so it is what it is.
Thank you Pete: Very much appreciate your comments/input relative to that MEK Armor. Consequently, I am now decided: NO to MEK Armor.

DECISION - It Is Decided.gif

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners DECISION - It Is Decided

Ford Bronco Exterior Trim Trail Armor - Front and Rear Corners DECISION - It Is Decided
I like them and they really make a difference in lowering the effects if undesired pin striping to a degree.

One thing though is that when I / anyone replaces tail lights I may have to remove the bumper as the small side panels will not poop off to access the two bolts holding the taillight in. In a week or two when my Oracles come in.
So update your lights before adding the rear panels.

IMG_6428.png

IMG_6429.png
Sponsored