First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had my windows tinted today and it told me the same thing. Pushed the driver side door harness in and it stopped doing it.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got the same alert today. Doors off, and the alert popped up. I wasn’t able to reverse the car without releasing the parking brake.

I never engage the parking brake when I’m parked at home, so it was odd
Good morning, Moez! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these parking brake and alert concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Took my doors off for the first time this weekend......then yesterday put the passenger side door back on (for the GF) left the driver door off.....took a drive up to dinner, came back home.... closer to home, when off the highway, I started getting a repetitive "Transmission Not in Park" alert....id' hit "ok" and hit would come right back up.

Did some googling, apparently this alert does come on if you are in drive and the door is open.....a couple years ago Ford had to recall some expeditions because it kept giving this alert.

Anyone else experience this? Have to imagine it had to do with my door being off, but doesn't' seem like it should give that alert with the door off.
Yep, I found that it generally is triggered (or worse) if you put the vehicle in drive without a seatbelt on or with the parking brake.

As soon as I started the Bronco with the doors off my son said, "Dad it's making a different - ding ding sound"

I got:

"Transmission not in Park"
"Electrical door connection not connected"
"Low power mode"

Click them all off and it doesn't give me any other trouble.

Also it locked my tailgate and took a few cycles of turning it on and off before the key fob would unlock it.

To me, the system felt confused more than upset. Just a few hiccups.

OP
OP
Tarheel_Wes

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, I found that it generally is triggered (or worse) if you put the vehicle in drive without a seatbelt on or with the parking brake.

As soon as I started the Bronco with the doors off my son said, "Dad it's making a different - ding ding sound"

I got:

"Transmission not in Park"
"Electrical door connection not connected"
"Low power mode"

Click them all off and it doesn't give me any other trouble.

Also it locked my tailgate and took a few cycles of turning it on and off before the key fob would unlock it.

To me, the system felt confused more than upset. Just a few hiccups.

Yea I had my doors and roof all off yesterday.

I got the alerts and also had to release the parking brake (which I had never engaged). Ha.

Doug911

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same happened to me. Took the doors off for the first time, and got all kinds of alerts. Not happy about it.

Sponsored

highrez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just took the doors off for the first time and I am having the same issues with multiple warnings every time I start. I was wondering if I didn't follow the doors off procedure exactly in terms on pushing the start button at the right time as instructed....

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my doors off for the first time this weekend......then yesterday put the passenger side door back on (for the GF) left the driver door off.....took a drive up to dinner, came back home.... closer to home, when off the highway, I started getting a repetitive "Transmission Not in Park" alert....id' hit "ok" and hit would come right back up.

Did some googling, apparently this alert does come on if you are in drive and the door is open.....a couple years ago Ford had to recall some expeditions because it kept giving this alert.

Anyone else experience this? Have to imagine it had to do with my door being off, but doesn't' seem like it should give that alert with the door off.
I've had the same experience with doors off. It was one of a handful of things that I reported to my dealer when having warranty work done and the response I got back was that the error is a result of not having seatbelts engaged while the doors are off the vehicle. Sure enough, in my case anyway, when I buckle my driver's seatbelt the "Transmission Not in Park" error stops.

So I guess it's more of a seatbelt warning but I'm not sure if that's Ford's intention or if it's a bug. If that is their intenion then a "Seatbelt not engaged" warning seems more appropriate. And fwiw, I'd like to see them provide an option to disable this warning entirely for offroad use.

@Ford Motor Company what is the best way to report this error and the several others that I see? For example, I also get "Passenger door open" and "Restraints control module fault" which are sometimes cleared by pressing the OK button and sometimes more persistent. As I mentioned I have brought these to my dealer's attention but haven't got much of an answer from them on it.
Sponsored

Last edited: