Sponsored

Trying to find lights - what bumper is this?

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm trying to find fog lights and light bars that work with my bumper and everyone talks about these different bumper types. Can someone help me understand which one I have? Is this the "Modular bumper"?

Also, any suggestion on light bar and foglights? I think I've got a foglight button on the dash, but can't figure out what it turns on. I'm new to the Bronco, but it's a Badlands with SAS and LUX.

Thanks in advance.

Ford Bronco Trying to find lights - what bumper is this? Front Bumper
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have the Modular Bumper.
I do not believe you will have a "fog light" button. That is normally just pushing in on the headlight dial (if you have the correct controls module for a Bronco with fog lights).

OP
OP

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have the Modular Bumper.
I do not believe you will have a "fog light" button. That is normally just pushing in on the headlight dial (if you have the correct controls module for a Bronco with fog lights).
OK. Thank you. I will go take a picture of my buttons and play around with it. So you're saying I should be able to depress the headlight button and it will turn on fog lights once I wire them up? Or will this need to take up one of my Aux switches?

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK. Thank you. I will go take a picture of my buttons and play around with it. So you're saying I should be able to depress the headlight button and it will turn on fog lights once I wire them up? Or will this need to take up one of my Aux switches?
I use switch one for my set of Diodes (SS3 Max/SS3 Max/SS2 Pro), actually prefer modular as then you can also add more lights easily, like SS1's on the end of the bumper
Ford Bronco Trying to find lights - what bumper is this? E99280A3-384E-41B2-9365-EB2ED12B078B
Ford Bronco Trying to find lights - what bumper is this? D4C9D430-9AEA-49CC-9CAF-6E0378F4E7E9

also, dont make my mistake with the fogs, get them all backlit

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will find there are tons of different options to try out. It's just a matter of what look/functionality you want, what your budget is, and how eager you are to doing it yourself or paying someone to do.

As mentioned previously, since you have the mod-bumper, you don't have a fog light switch where others who have the "capable" bumper would have one. Therefore you have a few options (1) use the aux switches or (2) install the OEM fog light switch which requires you to remove your current headlight switch and install a new one, (3) tie into the wiring to make DLRs. There are several articles in here that deal with each of these options. The simplest for me seems to use the Aux switches, you have 6.

I just installed this light bar over the weekend and it took me about 20 minutes, it was pretty straightforward (really, it was easy). The hardest part for me was screwing in the bracket because I also have the bull bar which made the space very tight, but if you don't have one, then it should be a piece of cake. There are a ton of videos on youtube and posts about how to wire up the Aux switches, it is really handy.

Ford Bronco Trying to find lights - what bumper is this? lightbar

This kit has all you need for a 30-inch lightbar that is pretty bright and doesn't break the bank

https://www.amazon.com/Lasfit-inch-...d=1679605911&sprefix=lasfit+30,aps,214&sr=8-5

I will be looking for some fogs to go into the side pockets in the coming weeks and will either make them DLRs or get the OEM fog light switch.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm trying to find fog lights and light bars that work with my bumper and everyone talks about these different bumper types. Can someone help me understand which one I have? Is this the "Modular bumper"?

Also, any suggestion on light bar and foglights? I think I've got a foglight button on the dash, but can't figure out what it turns on. I'm new to the Bronco, but it's a Badlands with SAS and LUX.

Thanks in advance.

That's the Modular Bumper. We have lots of kits in stock here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

OP
OP

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will find there are tons of different options to try out. It's just a matter of what look/functionality you want, what your budget is, and how eager you are to doing it yourself or paying someone to do.

As mentioned previously, since you have the mod-bumper, you don't have a fog light switch where others who have the "capable" bumper would have one. Therefore you have a few options (1) use the aux switches or (2) install the OEM fog light switch which requires you to remove your current headlight switch and install a new one, (3) tie into the wiring to make DLRs. There are several articles in here that deal with each of these options. The simplest for me seems to use the Aux switches, you have 6.

I just installed this light bar over the weekend and it took me about 20 minutes, it was pretty straightforward (really, it was easy). The hardest part for me was screwing in the bracket because I also have the bull bar which made the space very tight, but if you don't have one, then it should be a piece of cake. There are a ton of videos on youtube and posts about how to wire up the Aux switches, it is really handy.

This kit has all you need for a 30-inch lightbar that is pretty bright and doesn't break the bank

https://www.amazon.com/Lasfit-inch-Light-Wiring-Harness/dp/B0B5GT3RBK/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=lasfit+30+inch+light+bar&qid=1679605911&sprefix=lasfit+30,aps,214&sr=8-5

I will be looking for some fogs to go into the side pockets in the coming weeks and will either make them DLRs or get the OEM fog light switch.
I wonder what the difference is between that one and this one…besides $250.
https://mandronline.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-modular-bumper-40in-light-bar

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As others have noted, it's the modular bumper.

Here's my setup; all Baja Designs. I love them and have been running them essentially since day one (January-ish 2022).

Ford Bronco Trying to find lights - what bumper is this? IMG_8928

Ford Bronco Trying to find lights - what bumper is this? IMG_2604

OP
OP

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks sweet! Help me understand...aside from $700 what's the difference between the Baja Designs foglights and the Rough Country ones (https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-bronco-led-fog-light-kit-51070c.html)?
Many aux lights look similar, but the quality, light output, direction of the light, etc. can vary. Baja Designs is well known for their quality and their customer service is great. I'm sure the Rough Country ones are fine.

I'd recommend looking up some reviews of both - There should be plenty of comparisons online, including videos.
Sponsored