First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got my build email for my 2.7 Black Diamond. Considering getting the Ford tune for additional power. Have anyone monitored their fuel economy after the Tune? Will it help or hurt? Thanks, Chris
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lowered it by 0.93 MPG during my admittedly flawed scientific test.

But it’s going to depend on your driving habits. The tune changes the throttle response, the shift points, and how much boost is applied. So if you drive around town a lot and don’t adjust how hard you are on the throttle, you will see a noticeable hit.

If most of your miles are on the highway/interstate… probably won’t see any difference.

Last edited:

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We did ours relatively early (probably about 3k in) and my wife's MPG keeps going up. I'd say at the time we were at about 18.1 or so and now is 18.6 but, this is probably more due to her getting used to it, she had a Volt before and while it had that electric car torque, it was more of a dog compared to the bronco.

So, in my also not very scientific test, it hasn't hurt or maybe possibly helped a little.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just did an 1100 mile trip through the Sierras and was able to average 21.5 mpg (23 WT 4dr). Before the tune I had done a shorter trip (400 miles) of mostly hwy miles and I was averaging just under 20 mpg. So I feel it did improve hwy mpgs. For city driving, I don't think it has made a difference.
Sponsored