Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I know there have been a couple threads on the turn signal volume that didn't end up getting too much discussion here, but I'm one of the few (it seems) here who thinks Ford's turn signal noise is way too loud. It sounds like a rental car to me, probably because I've had Fords as rental cars in the past.. Is the engineer that decided the volume hard of hearing? Anyway, it doesn't seem like there is any way to change a setting for this electronically, so I'd like to know if anyone here knows the location of where this sound emanates from. To me it seems like it's somewhere to the left of the steering column but I'm not sure yet. I'd like to locate that spot and put some tape or glue over it to 'muffle' the sound. Thanks in advance. I do like most everything else about my new Badlands, I just think this sound is obnoxiously loud. And I don't want to just crank the radio volume to drown it out, so I'll save you some typing for those probable replies..
Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed! following

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m pretty positive this comes from a relay being activated and can’t be volume controlled. I could be wrong though. Check this out.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-your-turn-signals-make-that-clicking-noise-1793380845
From that article:
" Modern cars do things a bit differently, with on-board computers sending the signal to turn on the lights to—in some cases—silent solid state relays. The sound is sometimes simulated through speakers, and sometimes there’s a relay under the dash. "

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've lived with obnoxiously loud turn signals on my F150 Ecoboost for 10+ years with no solution, looks like I will have to deal with it for another 10 on the Bronco...

Still not my "biggest" little complaint... That has to be the exacta of lack of a persistent indicator to show what gear your in coupled with a completely useless tachometer (but alas, I have TWO places to easily see my speed).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ7/F250/F550 4x4 RV/Porsche Panamera/CanAm X3 RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever find it? I know for a fact it’s a simulated sound. Here’s how to know. Drive with your seatbelt off. When the chime plays telling you to put on your seatbelt, the turn signal simulated relay sound is muted.

OP
OP
JMBGlass

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever find it? I know for a fact it’s a simulated sound. Here’s how to know. Drive with your seatbelt off. When the chime plays telling you to put on your seatbelt, the turn signal simulated relay sound is muted.
I found some sort of video of a Ford Truck being muted with Sound deadening speaker tape I have yet to go digging behind the column to find it.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never paid attention to it.
Sponsored