Sponsored

Turn signal stalk going from right (up) to left (down) on it's own when auto cancelling.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else run in to this?
Situation: Sitting at a stop before making a right exiting a business on to a main road. The exit is a little bit downhill. Right turn signal on.
When I go and make the turn and the turn signal auto-cancels, it actually has enough force to keep going and turn on my left turn signal.

I think it's a combination of the mass of the turn signal being higher because everything is on one stalk, the vehicle rocking a little harder to the left than normal because of a bump in the road at the exact same time as the turn signal cancelling, and the fact that when right direction is cancelling the stalk is moving down, so it has added help from gravity.

Unless I'm remembering wrong and the 'cancellation' is internal and the stalk doesn't actually move...

I don't think there's anything that can be fixed.. They just need a stronger detent to keep the stalk from going down in that odd situation. I wonder how Ford hears about situations like this. I think if I told my dealer's service department about this they'd write me off as being crazy. Just like the headlights turning on by themselves.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or is it just my Bronco?
Sponsored

Last edited:

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
nope... mine works fine.... take it to the dealer....

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They do that. I made a thread about it and had several people stating the same.

Its right hand turns only since right hand turns leave the stalk upwards and is subject to gravity. Its exactly as you describe. I have a driveway parallel and close to the road. When coming from the direction that requires me to make a 180, it happens pretty easily.

If you can, setting up for the corner to make it less sharp helps. Unwinding the steering wheel slower seems to help the most.

Here's my thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-go-to-the-other-direction-anyone-else.38645/
Sponsored