Sponsored

Ugly Sun Visor Warning Label removal?... Covers?

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will I go to Jail like the mattress tags too?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, the alcohol was a good idea but it didn’t work at all.

Temp may have had something to do with it - when I tried it yesterday it was only about 55F out. I did use 91% isopropyl and let it sit for a couple of hours - no go.
Second shot I sprayed it down and let them set upside down and left it overnight. We did get down to 40 overnight though. It was still damp when I checked on it

I suspect there must be a different type of sticker that works for. I ended up going at them with the heat gun this morning - that did get them off. The stickers were almost like a vinyl wrap or something - not much is going to absorb in or under them.

The heat does kind of warp the black plastic that’s wrapped around the board but it did return to normal once it cooled. Now to get the rest of the adhesive off. I thought I had some GooGone but can’t find it - I did try alcohol on that and it didn’t touch it again. It isn’t sticky at all like most stickers, more like dried glue.

I found one of the little rubber bumpers that keeps them from rattling against the top was missing - so hey, found that little gremlin; just need to find a replacement now.

-- Pics --

This was how I set them "upside down" so the alcohol could set - I had put a paper towel over top of them overnight.

Ford Bronco Ugly Sun Visor Warning Label removal?... Covers? IMG_1686

Here's the adhesive after the fact - the "wet" is actually wet, that's where I had tried to clean it up with alcohol and it hasn't quite dried yet (I hope).

Ford Bronco Ugly Sun Visor Warning Label removal?... Covers? IMG_1685

The stickers after the fact. You can see how they stretched as they came off. The hardest part was getting the first corner up - after that it was just gentle pressure and low heat.

Ford Bronco Ugly Sun Visor Warning Label removal?... Covers? IMG_1684

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found one of the little rubber bumpers that keeps them from rattling against the top was missing - so hey, found that little gremlin; just need to find a replacement now.
Also, if anyone knows how to order one of these I'd be thankful - everything I come up with "bumper" sends me to, well, you know - actual bumpers.

Ford Bronco Ugly Sun Visor Warning Label removal?... Covers? IMG_1687

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Guys, guys, guys, get with the times! Cover those visors with Crown Royal bags, it’s the new hot trend. Don’t make me show you broncos on TikTok…

Do not use tic tok. It’s a Chinese app that spies and steals your data.

OP
OP
KRAKEN

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like sticker removal is out... probably just go with Stickerfab unless I find a visor cover that I like, which would need to be minimal... don't want a bunch of junk hanging on the visor.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, if anyone knows how to order one of these I'd be thankful - everything I come up with "bumper" sends me to, well, you know - actual bumpers.

IMG_1687.jpeg
This thing?

Ford Bronco Ugly Sun Visor Warning Label removal?... Covers? IMG_2341

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stickerfab is the way to go. They behave more like a cling than an adhesive sticker. Look fantastic. 2 years and they look like the day I put them on.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Final update:

Ended up taking the visors out all together - that was a good suggestion and easy to do (1 7mm bolt and it has a clip that slides forward to come out).

So, alcohol wouldn't touch this glue.

GooGone - the regular stuff - wouldn't touch it.

I had this GooGone for Super Glue stuff. https://www.amazon.com/Goof-Off-FG678-Remover-Strength/dp/B07NP8NZ5F

That stuff... well. It kinda worked. It would melt the glue pretty quickly - can see it turn white. But it dries or evaporates really really fast, and once it does, the glue re-hardens.

So, I started out wetting it down, and wiping with a paper towel while it was still wet. That was a bad idea. It more smears than comes up, and it dries so fast and gets sticky again bits of paper towel go everywhere.

So I moved to shop towels. That worked... better, but not perfect.

I got almost all the glue off. But cleaning that up, the chemical was harsh enough to make the plastic look off. It has a dull matte look to it now where the chemical was.

So - long story short... stickers. Go with the stickers. I'll let mine sit and see how a bit of dirt goes with it, but it looks horrible, and I'll probably end up with some visor covers at some point.
Sponsored