Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have any pics of NonSquatch BB in A51 or Cactus? Looks like there are a couple 2drs in OP’s pics.
Check out my pics. I've got a 4dr BB A51 soft top.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Bknight21

First Name
Brayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

as far as no rubbing i mean
Yes, although I haven’t done any extreme off-roading in it yet. But there is plenty of extra room so I don’t anticipate any issues. 285/70/17 seems to be a pretty popular size, some people even fit 285/75/17’s on the stock wheels

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I picked up a nail this morning on my way to work. My dealership happens to be close to my work so I went straight there. Its in the tread but near the sidewall and said they wouldn't patch it but I might be able to find someone else that would. What sucks is I just had a 5 tire rotation a few weeks ago and this was the one with that was the brand new on the back.

If it cannot be patched, its decision time. Pay $278 for a new stock Bridgestone or go a different set. I'm thinking KO2s in either the same size I have or possibly a tad bigger. The Bridgestone's have not been bad, they are quiet and I get between 20 and 21 mpg with my habits and commute. I have yet to take it off road but its been to CO and back so I was in the snow and ice there and I would like to hit some gravel roads back at my parents. The Continental TerrainContact A/T looks to be something in between the original Bridgestone and the KO2. Hopefully whatever I go with doesn't drop me below 20 mpg.

Anyone stick with the same size when they changed on their BB? Thoughts on which to go with?

Sponsored

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I picked up a nail this morning on my way to work. My dealership happens to be close to my work so I went straight there. Its in the tread but near the sidewall and said they wouldn't patch it but I might be able to find someone else that would. What sucks is I just had a 5 tire rotation a few weeks ago and this was the one with that was the brand new on the back.

If it cannot be patched, its decision time. Pay $278 for a new stock Bridgestone or go a different set. I'm thinking KO2s in either the same size I have or possibly a tad bigger. The Bridgestone's have not been bad, they are quiet and I get between 20 and 21 mpg with my habits and commute. I have yet to take it off road but its been to CO and back so I was in the snow and ice there and I would like to hit some gravel roads back at my parents. The Continental TerrainContact A/T looks to be something in between the original Bridgestone and the KO2. Hopefully whatever I go with doesn't drop me below 20 mpg.

Anyone stick with the same size when they changed on their BB? Thoughts on which to go with?
I went up to 285 70 17 Nokian Outpost A/T, they didn't break the bank or affect my mileage really (I did re-calibrate the speedo with forscan) I'm very happy with them the stock BB tires look way too much like car tires

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stopped by my usual tire guy and he confirmed it was not a savable tire. He priced me some KO2s and told me ballpark trade in for the 4 good ones on there now. He also told me Toyo Open Country comes in a P285/70R17 that would bump the size up but not be as heavy as the LT version, might be less road noise, and should get more life out of them. Anyone here use the P version Toyo in this size? How are Toyos in general? The wife is sound sensitive and surprisingly isn’t bothered by the soft top but I’m guessing she would pick up on excessive road noise from the tires.

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stopped by my usual tire guy and he confirmed it was not a savable tire. He priced me some KO2s and told me ballpark trade in for the 4 good ones on there now. He also told me Toyo Open Country comes in a P285/70R17 that would bump the size up but not be as heavy as the LT version, might be less road noise, and should get more life out of them. Anyone here use the P version Toyo in this size? How are Toyos in general? The wife is sound sensitive and surprisingly isn’t bothered by the soft top but I’m guessing she would pick up on excessive road noise from the tires.
Check Costco if you're shopping for KO2s. They fix any flats and rotate free.

CH02

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New RTR's and 285/70r17's Nitto's for the wifes

PXL_20220819_230726436.jpg

PXL_20220819_233601389.jpg

PXL_20220819_233942209.jpg

OP
OP
dgorsett

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is my internal debate. Stick with same size in a more aggressive tire, go up to LT255/80x17 to gain a bit of ground clearance and 10 ply puncture resistance, or go with LT265/70x17 which is cheaper and available but ever so slightly shorter and wider. If only they made a LT265/75x17.

I too like the on road manners and MPG of the Duelers
Sponsored