Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey everybody - I have a 4 door soft top black Diamond. There is an unidentified creak that occurs at times when I shift poorly and when I go over minor bumps in the road. Driving me nuts. It doesn’t seem to occur when I have folks in the back seat. While the soft top is slightly misaligned, I don’t think it’s that, nor is it the tailgate. Maybe some bolts attaching the seat to the floor need grease? Anyone else have this problem and solve it? Thanks!!
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Unidentified Creaks HELP! A33B47FC-A11B-4BDC-8DAE-46D85E69DE80

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sit in the trunk and have someone drive around the block. Or some type of semi safe road.

Safety CYA Note: Please note that im a trained professional and you should not try this at home due to risk of injury. Boston guy is not responsible for any injuries sustained in the identifying of creaks, cracks or other Bronco related injuries.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everybody - I have a 4 door soft top black Diamond. There is an unidentified creak that occurs at times when I shift poorly and when I go over minor bumps in the road. Driving me nuts. It doesn’t seem to occur when I have folks in the back seat. While the soft top is slightly misaligned, I don’t think it’s that, nor is it the tailgate. Maybe some bolts attaching the seat to the floor need grease? Anyone else have this problem and solve it? Thanks!!
Does it almost sound like a squeaky spring coming from the drivers side? If so, I have been trying to diagnose it for about a week and a half. I actually think mine is coming from the A-Pillar and I am taking it in to have looked at on Thursday. What is really strange about mine is that it stops after a good rain and then about a day later (seemingly after it has dried up) it starts again, which makes it more difficult to pinpoint as one would think if rain lubes it up so to speak then it would have to be on the outside of the vehicle. Who knows. It isn't terrible, just enough to be slightly annoying.

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
on driver side just at back of front door. Look up under carriage. There is a bracket that holds the exhuast pipe. Check it. could be loose. That made a crazy squeak for me. But only because my dealer didn't put the bolts back on when changing my WHOLE ENGINE!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ive fixed so many squeaks and creaks and rattles and pops I've honestly lost track. One of the first ones was a rear seat, and I found it by folding the seats down and the noises stopped. Some grease on the hinges fixed that one. Try folding the seats down and see if that helps.

OP
OP
coreymay1

coreymay1

Black Diamond
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the ideas. Yes, sounds like a squeaky spring behind drivers side. I’ve also noticed that on the rear passenger door, the latch bolted on is rusting (whereas none of the other latches are rusting). May make the no-squeak-after-rain situation make sense if that’s where the squeak comes from?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My soft top was recently adjusted so that it actually latches at the middle like it should. There's a lot of play in the latch though and it doesn't put tension on the pin so it rattles now. The mechanism imo is just cheaply made. It really could have used a single or double rotary latch (like those used on car doors) that captures the pin and holds it tightly. That would eliminate a lot of the issues the soft top has.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s a ford. You’ll never get rid of all the squeaks and rattles.
Sponsored