Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perfect timing. My June build week kept getting bumped until I got caught in the MAP July shutdown. Finally got a build date for August. Slow production, finally built awaiting shipment. Chatted with Ford this morning and was told it was assigned a rail car today - you guessed it, Norfolk Southern. Now its sitting at a ramp in Detroit. Madness!! You can't make this stuff up.
Sponsored

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back to Ford can't ship Broncos effectively.
Not a Ford apologist, but this is completely outside of their control. This lands squarely on the shoulders of the rail companies.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is in the holding lot at the rail yard. Maybe I’ll get it quicker since there will be less flow coming into the lot…. Or trucking logistics will get overwhelmed and other deliveries will get prioritized. It’s like watching a movie, nothing we can do about it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not a Ford apologist, but this is completely outside of their control. This lands squarely on the shoulders of the rail companies.
Oh I know but I like to jab Ford and sometimes their inability to manage risk in this case.

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I know but I like to jab Ford and sometimes their inability to manage risk in this case.
Carry on then, I'm not gonna stop you 🤣

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My blend was yesterday and will travel by rail. Confident it's getting built, just not confident when I'll actually see the bronco now....oh well.

Sand70

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is in the holding lot at the rail yard. Maybe I’ll get it quicker since there will be less flow coming into the lot…. Or trucking logistics will get overwhelmed and other deliveries will get prioritized. It’s like watching a movie, nothing we can do about it.
I haven't been stalking mine. It was shipped Sep 12 finally after 1 1/2 years. It is somewhere between Michigan and Denver. I kind of don't want to know how close it is to final destination. All I can say is so close, yet so far. There are other worse things that are going to happen if they do strike.
Also, I live near some railyards and they are all full with nothing moving.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean logically, you would think that Ford would prioritize units that don't need rail transportation Wait a minute, did I use the word "logically", yeah, never mind. Go about your business :)
Unfortunately, all this means is that everything that would normally go by train will now go by truck, air, or ship, clogging those transport systems up more than they are now. No one wins here (at least in the short term).

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Add, you don't want Broncos sitting on a rail somewhere, if a Bronco is stolen from Ford, they can tell you your in a production hold up and build another. But out on some rail somewhere, now you have a third party involved and finger pointing and insurance companies and etc.

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately, all this means is that everything that would normally go by train will now go by truck, air, or ship, clogging those transport systems up more than they are now. No one wins here (at least in the short term).
Not exactly. The capacity for other modes is not even close. Rails move the equivalent of 450, 000 truckloads daily

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if your destination (dealer) is about 23 miles from the plant, you wouldn't anticipate a RAIL then to truck would you? That should be straight on the truck to the dealer correct?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, that's convoy, not rail.
That what I thought, but wanted someone else's expert opinion. Thanks man! I feel for the rail guys, total shitty feeling.
Sponsored