Sponsored

UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance Just installed my single valve kit. I do have a question... I routed the intake manifold hose under the intercooler pipe instead of on top. When I routed on top it would contact the hood when closing and I didnt want to zip tie it. The hoses were quite stiff and bounce back when trying to route them as they sit in your initial pic.

Any perceived issues with my routing below? I may mess with it and change again but unsure lol

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! IMG_0706

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance Just installed my single valve kit. I do have a question... I routed the intake manifold hose under the intercooler pipe instead of on top. When I routed on top it would contact the hood when closing and I didnt want to zip tie it. The hoses were quite stiff and bounce back when trying to route them as they sit in your initial pic.

Any perceived issues with my routing below? I may mess with it and change again but unsure lol

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! IMG_0706
Any thoughts @LethalPerformance @LethalJoe ?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there,

On our Raptor we do have the Dual Valve Catch Can BUT the two hoses run identically to the Single Valve, of course with Dual Valve, we just have one additional hose running essentially on the fan shroud towards the intake.

We have our hoses running in between the two charge pipes, resting in that gap where the two almost meet right by the battery. It seems to fit fairly well and far enough down to not interfere with the hood or anything else.

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 5.04.18 PM

As you can see from the photo, ours sticks a little out of place, however, with heat and use, the hose will fall into place. Although, each setup is bound to be slightly different, results on how perfect it sits in that crevice will vary. It appears UPR may have made the hoses a tad bit longer than originally made.

Although, if cannot find a routing in which the hose is not touching the hood, both the hose and hood shouldn't be effected by each other, considering the hose has a braided covering and the hood has the insulator. Like stated previously though, with some engine heat, the hose should eventually become more malleable and rest in a better location where it doesn't touch the hood.

Hope this helps.

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
1637787969632-png.png

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there,

On our Raptor we do have the Dual Valve Catch Can BUT the two hoses run identically to the Single Valve, of course with Dual Valve, we just have one additional hose running essentially on the fan shroud towards the intake.

We have our hoses running in between the two charge pipes, resting in that gap where the two almost meet right by the battery. It seems to fit fairly well and far enough down to not interfere with the hood or anything else.

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 5.04.18 PM.png

As you can see from the photo, ours sticks a little out of place, however, with heat and use, the hose will fall into place. Although, each setup is bound to be slightly different, results on how perfect it sits in that crevice will vary. It appears UPR may have made the hoses a tad bit longer than originally made.

Although, if cannot find a routing in which the hose is not touching the hood, both the hose and hood shouldn't be effected by each other, considering the hose has a braided covering and the hood has the insulator. Like stated previously though, with some engine heat, the hose should eventually become more malleable and rest in a better location where it doesn't touch the hood.

Hope this helps.

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
1637787969632-png.png
Thanks I re-routed because I didn’t like my routing and will wrap in some Tessa tape to hold in place until it becomes more malleable. I place a zip for now but will replace it with tape so there is no wear. Also it doesn’t touch the hood in this setup

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! 0DDD4E71-3BF5-419F-859E-5A2C37BA3289
Sponsored