Sponsored

UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We just dropped off our brand new 2022 Bronco Raptor to UPR Products for them to development and test their catch can setups on. Steve the Catch Can man is working on it today and we should have the truck back tomorow. Stay tuned for a lot more info and content from us on this including part numbers, pricing, installation and a review.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Steve at UPR just sent some pics over of the single valve setup that’s on our Braptor which came out great! He’s working on the dual valve setup today. I’ll make sure to update the thread once I get more pics.
Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! 65CD0BD7-6468-4739-9B3F-8C2DC379CA28

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! C5FFD697-F159-44F1-9AF5-01E8C4B84701

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@LethalPerformance So happy you guys got your braptor.

So ready for these mods.
We'll be posting the links for the single valve setup today. I'll also be going down to UPR later this afternoon to check out the dual valve setup which we'll have listed shortly as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We'll be posting the links for the single valve setup today. I'll also be going down to UPR later this afternoon to check out the dual valve setup which we'll have listed shortly as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
Might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between single valved and dual valved set ups?

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Might be a stupid question, but what is the difference between single valved and dual valved set ups?
No question is a stupid question!

Single -> one source of vacuum; at idle it works best
Dual -> two sources of vacuum; works at idle and while driving as the source of vacuum is continuous (unlike single where, as you drive, drops to zero and there is no longer a vacuum)

It's one of those "better/best" situations where the single valve is good and works plenty for most but if you want -the best- it would be a dual valve can.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The UPR Bronco Raptor dual valve catch cans are now live and available for purchase. This is the same one that they used our Braptor for to test and develop the kit. I haven't checked the can for oil yet but will follow up with a video once I get a moment to check on it.

In the meantime here's the link and some pics of it installed on our Braptor. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to assist you.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/u...r-2022-bronco-raptor-3-0l-5030-284-1-css.html

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The UPR Bronco Raptor dual valve catch cans are now live and available for purchase. This is the same one that they used our Braptor for to test and develop the kit. I haven't checked the can for oil yet but will follow up with a video once I get a moment to check on it.

In the meantime here's the link and some pics of it installed on our Braptor. If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out and we'll be glad to assist you.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/u...r-2022-bronco-raptor-3-0l-5030-284-1-css.html

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! ezgif.com-gif-maker

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! ezgif.com-gif-maker

Can you give some feedback on the add-ons?

Mainly the billet pro check valve.

Hopefully a promo comes up soon for this. With all the options, $570 is a pretty penny

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you give some feedback on the add-ons?

Mainly the billet pro check valve.

Hopefully a promo comes up soon for this. With all the options, $570 is a pretty penny
We'll be releasing the video this afternoon which explains it all. However the check valve itself is there to prevent airflow while in boost from flowing back into the catch causing some oil mist to flow back into the PCV. The billet pro check valve is just a higher flowing valve which flows more air when under vacuum and has zero pressure leak back into the PCV under boost.

Stay tuned as the video will be posted.

Thanks!

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! 1670951304398

Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! 1670951304398

Do they have the dual for the 2.3L yet?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I assume the dual valve requires drilling a hole here:

Yes. With the dual valve setup a hole needs to be drilled into the intake and you'll also need to remove that tricky fitting from the PCV using a pick tool.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do they have the dual for the 2.3L yet?
We don't have a dual valve option for the 2.3L at the moment. If we can get a vehicle over to UPR they will gladly develop one for us. Problem is that we don't own a 2.3L. Just a 2.7L and a 3.0L Braptor. If you know of anyone local to us or UPR give us a shout and we can arrange something.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Follow up video for this is being edited now. We put several thousand miles on our Bronco Raptor since the UPR dual valve catch can install as well as installed the JB4 tuner. My main point of doing this is that I often see people reply to threads about catch cans saying they're worthless and don't do anything or capture any oil. Well, wait till you see how well the UPR can works.

Stay tuned!
Ford Bronco UPR Bronco Raptor Catch Can development! Lets GOOOO!!! i-NrfRtXf-X3
Sponsored

Last edited: