Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC AT4 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, been watching the diff threads on this but still stumping me......just got back from holiday, Braptor in garage sitting for 2 weeks.....oil should be fully drained to bottom 😆

Checked the oil this morning and it's ABOVE the twist on the stick. I've done the run it for 15mins and check (and about to do it again).

I checked it right after Ford did the 1st oil change and it was reading high (to me) and I called them and they "assured me" that the oil level was fine, that it called for 7 quarts etc.

WTF is the real answer? I don't want my wife to feel bad when she blows this thing up cuz it's been floating in oil! 😆

20230906_071734.jpg
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Above the twist after sitting for 2 weeks without starting it? Because it would be completely normal.

Start it for a few minutes, turn it off, let it sit for 10 minutes then check it.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Above the twist after sitting for 2 weeks without starting it? Because it would be completely normal.

Start it for a few minutes, turn it off, let it sit for 10 minutes then check it.
OP said he did that.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP said he did that.
I was just confused why the 2 weeks has anything to do with the oil level. Also he only said he ran it for 15 minutes.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I run 7 qts in my regular 2.7...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkytonkman

Bronkytonkman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC AT4 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just confused why the 2 weeks has anything to do with the oil level. Also he only said he ran it for 15 minutes.
Hey, was just clarifying that no more oil could possibly be in the bottom than the fact that it had just sat for 2 weeks......I was trying to beat my wife to the garage to run it for a bit and let it settle for 10mins to check it again. I failed so now have to wait for her to get home. 1st vehicle I've ever had that fluctuations in readings are so high, and cold level is so high.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
dude your pic is BLURRY.

lol

Ok, been watching the diff threads on this but still stumping me......just got back from holiday, Braptor in garage sitting for 2 weeks.....oil should be fully drained to bottom 😆

Checked the oil this morning and it's ABOVE the twist on the stick. I've done the run it for 15mins and check (and about to do it again).

I checked it right after Ford did the 1st oil change and it was reading high (to me) and I called them and they "assured me" that the oil level was fine, that it called for 7 quarts etc.

WTF is the real answer? I don't want my wife to feel bad when she blows this thing up cuz it's been floating in oil! 😆

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Oil level. 20230906_071734