Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just received my Tomahawk tuner. I have a 2023 Bronco Raptor and it has about 600 miles on it now. Did the RPG 2.25 lift and changed the wheels and tires 38”.
I mainly got this to calibrate the larger tires.

I was reading the instructions and seems fairly simple but I really don’t want to mess
Anything up

Is there anyone that has already flashed theirs that can give me any tips or advice?
Follow these instructions and don’t go above 2880 mm for the tire size. You will not have any issues and it’s not very complicated

There's some very important steps that need to be followed for tire size changes on the Bronco's. A dealer is not required or needed to do this, the Tomahawk can resolve your issue.

Once the tire size has been changed, your vehicle will set a code from the AWD module (DLCM is what we call it). After changing tire size, you must turn the ignition key off and open the door. This powers the modules down. Wait 10 seconds or more, toggle key back on.

Go to Diagnostics>Tire/Axle Change>Relearn Vehicle Data. Once you select Relearn Vehicle Data.

Select Relearn Veh Data, once done, it will let you know that the PCM and DLCM have relearned. Following this, exit out on the tool with asterisk key, toggle ignition off and open door to power all modules down. *Failure to power down here will result in incomplete process.

This removes any wrench light and all functions will work as normal. There can sometimes be a stored code, which doesn't affect the system, but it can be removed now by. Toggle ignition to ON, go to Tomahawk home screen, select Other Modules. Select DLCM: Driveline.

Select Clear DTCs. Once cleared, exit out, toggle Ignition to OFF. You have now performed all functions and all codes and functions should now be fully active and functional.
Sponsored

EddieC

Raptor
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks! I give it a shot. ( fingers crossed)

EddieC

Raptor
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dumb question....... what is the axle ratio on the BR?

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dumb question....... what is the axle ratio on the BR?
4.70. There are no available options to upgrade the rear axle at this point. I ran 5.13s in my Jeep with 38s but that was an underpowered 8 speed transmission. I’m not sure if there is truly any reason to upgrade with 38s on this platform.
Sponsored