First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey everyone my sincere apologies if someone has already posted a video on how to change your oil. And even for me I did a search engine and YouTube search to see any videos on this and decided to make one. If their is already a thread than just shut it down not here to promote my channel being I make no money yeh no money no lie. Anyways here ya go and it’s for us not everyone else is my point.

Sponsored

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cool your daughter is getting in there with you. Good for you.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks! Will be doing my own soon.

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just a note you do not need to remove the front plate. I only removed it in the video looking for the oil filter. The parts guy border line stupid as all get out gave me a spin on filter this why I was so puzzled. I truly thought it would be a cartridge filter but listens to the parts guy and was in the lost zone.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How much $ do you save on average doing your own oil changes? I’m sure a shope would have stopped at 7.5 so there is that peace of mind if doing your own oil change.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Two 5 quart jugs full synthetic can be as low as $28 each and oil filter $6. Dealer wants $150. So between inconvenience of time and savings I say $100 savings in my book. And yeh I have seen motors take more and some less. The read was consistent and I felt I’d rather have her at the fill line than below. She’s about half a quart more than recommend but I am not worried. And thanks for watching and commenting.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Two 5 quart jugs full synthetic can be as low as $28 each and oil filter $6. Dealer wants $150. So between inconvenience of time and savings I say $100 savings in my book. And yeh I have seen motors take more and some less. The read was consistent and I felt I’d rather have her at the fill line than below. She’s about half a quart more than recommend but I am not worried. And thanks for watching and commenting.
Thanks for posting that. I’ll probably start doing my own when I get my raptor. My bmw is so low to the ground it would be too much of a pain to do it now but I like the idea of doing my own. Especially if I can save money.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 mod’d Flex, ‘14 bmw i3, ‘93 mod’d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had an extended warranty on a Ford Flex 3.6 L eco boost. before the extended warranty period expired, the engine had a stretched timing chain (A known issue with the first generation of that engine). The warranty company refused to cover the work because I couldn’t locate all of my oil change receipts. Lesson to me: don’t do your own oil changes… get ‘‘em done by a service and keep the records They provide. the oil change places also keep a history of your oil changes….

OP
OP
Ice Age

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had an extended warranty on a Ford Flex 3.6 L eco boost. before the extended warranty period expired, the engine had a stretched timing chain (A known issue with the first generation of that engine). The warranty company refused to cover the work because I couldn’t locate all of my oil change receipts. Lesson to me: don’t do your own oil changes… get ‘‘em done by a service and keep the records They provide. the oil change places also keep a history of your oil changes….
Yeh I hear ya and those warranty companies are a bunch of vultures they look for every way possible to not payout. And sorry to hear but something to think about with todays very long oil change intervals you can do your own oil change. And then turn around at the way too long 10k recommended service take it in to the dealer. I in essence can still follow the suggested services being I changed the oil at 5k instead of 10k. I can go in at 10k and technically I’m under the correct service guidelines but for me 8k-10k oil changes are way to long.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do yourself a favor and install a UPR oil drain valve next time around, makes oil changes a lot less messy and has a magnet on the end for chip detection.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool, but for the low cost of an oil change, not having to dispose of used oil and and peace of mind with warranty, having dealer documented oil changes, I’m taking it to the dealer at least until warranty expires.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone my sincere apologies if someone has already posted a video on how to change your oil. And even for me I did a search engine and YouTube search to see any videos on this and decided to make one. If their is already a thread than just shut it down not here to promote my channel being I make no money yeh no money no lie. Anyways here ya go and it’s for us not everyone else is my point.

Good job, are those stock rims?

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, I did the same search when I was about to do my oil change. No video for the Braptor.

After watching the 2.7l Bronco oil change, I crawled underneath the Braptor and noticed it was no different. Easy oil change for sure. The longest part is waiting for all the oil to stop dripping out.
Sponsored