Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I installed the Whipple Megacooler today and ran into an issue. I wanted to see if anyone else ran into this problem.

There is a step which requires installing the plastic shutters from the back of the intercooler onto the new intercooler. I ran into a problem at this point. On one side of the intercooler, the welded on brackets appeared to be in the wrong place, about an inch lower than the factory plastic piece.

I proceeded with the install without the shutters, and have an email into Whipple, but wanted to check the forums to see if anyone else experienced this.

Ford Bronco Whipple Intercooler install problem on Bronco Raptor 3.0L IMG_8501

Ford Bronco Whipple Intercooler install problem on Bronco Raptor 3.0L IMG_8502

Ford Bronco Whipple Intercooler install problem on Bronco Raptor 3.0L IMG_8503
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I have seen of installing the Whipple intercooler, that bracket was to move the shutter motor to the bracket. The Whipple is to big to have the shutters fit. At least that is the way I have seen it done on a non Braptor, which I thought was nearly the same for the Braptor.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
From what I have seen of installing the Whipple intercooler, that bracket was to move the shutter motor to the bracket. The Whipple is to big to have the shutters fit. At least that is the way I have seen it done on a non Braptor, which I thought was nearly the same for the Braptor.
You're referring to the shutters on the front, which were removed. These are passive shutters on the rear of the intercooler. They form a tunnel up into the radiator fan intake, to presumably pull cool air through the intercooler at idle.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're referring to the shutters on the front, which were removed. These are passive shutters on the rear of the intercooler. They form a tunnel up into the radiator fan intake, to presumably pull cool air through the intercooler at idle.
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

bwilly68

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, Land Rover Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had the same problem installing the whipple in my raptor bronco. Could only get three of the four brackets to line up on that rear bracket. Whipples answer was that they leave the rear shutters off as well. Not sure why they bothered to put the screw hole and hooks on their intercooler or why they haven’t fixed the design yet. I installed their cooler 8 months ago and sent them photos of the problem. I cut some material off the shutters to try to get it to sit down as much as possible and then ended up putting a heavy zip tie on the corner with the hook like in your picture. It is holding up fine after 4000 miles. If it ever fails I may just pull the rear shutters off.
Ford Bronco Whipple Intercooler install problem on Bronco Raptor 3.0L 1705286214425
Ford Bronco Whipple Intercooler install problem on Bronco Raptor 3.0L 1705286097373
Sponsored