First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Broptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hoping to find some help here and really appreciate anyone sharing their thoughts/advice. Shortly after getting the intercooler installed and tune done at a local shop my check engine light came on with the following codes:

P007B:
Air cooler temp sensor performance bank one

P0096:
Air intake Air temp bank two

The local shop has had no luck getting any response or input from Whipple, other than "It could be an issue with the calibration on our end. I wasn't the tech that did the programming, but someone will give you a call tomorrow." This was several days ago and nobody has reached back out from Whipple.

Any thoughts on or possible way to get Whipple's attention here would be greatly appreciated. I'm not convinced it has anything to do with their intercooler or the tune but we really can't get it crossed off the list without their help.
Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2.7L with a Whipple IC and Ford Performance tune, no problems, 16K miles. did they disconnect something or connect something wrong? what did they do with the shutter assembly? Tell them to put the OEM IC back. Take to the dealer for warranty fix.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Perhaps a sensor wire was damaged during install ? Ask me how I know.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did that happen during your install?
Not exactly. I did cut a sensor wire when cutting out the front crash bars with a sawzall. I didn't realize this at the time and it took a few days before the error code tripped.

Dealer wanted $1100 to fix it, cost me $20 for the sensor lead, $130 for the dealer diagnosis and an hour or so of my time to do it myself.

If your installer was removing and reinstalling sensor wires its not hard to damage a clip, pinch a wire or something. It might be something you can check off the list while your waiting on Whipple.

Good luck.

Sponsored

lawber

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2020 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hoping to find some help here and really appreciate anyone sharing their thoughts/advice. Shortly after getting the intercooler installed and tune done at a local shop my check engine light came on with the following codes:

P007B:

P0096:

The local shop has had no luck getting any response or input from Whipple, other than "It could be an issue with the calibration on our end. I wasn't the tech that did the programming, but someone will give you a call tomorrow." This was several days ago and nobody has reached back out from Whipple.

Any thoughts on or possible way to get Whipple's attention here would be greatly appreciated. I'm not convinced it has anything to do with their intercooler or the tune but we really can't get it crossed off the list without their help.
Yes, its a problem with the Tune, not the intercooler. I had similar issues I two shops confirmed they are seeing it with other vehicles. Here is the link I posted on the Raptor Forum.

https://www.broncoraptorforum.com/threads/help-any-mechanics-here.1498/#post-5933

P007B:

P0096:

Can confirm the tune is the issue, not the intercooler. Two local shops also have seen similar issues, both are working with Whipple to figure it out. Below is link to my issue as posted on Raptor Forum

Yes, its a problem with the Tune, not the intercooler. I had similar issues I two shops confirmed they are seeing it with other vehicles. Here is the link I posted on the Raptor Forum.

https://www.broncoraptorforum.com/threads/help-any-mechanics-here.1498/#post-5933

DoubleBB

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been having the same problem. These are the codes that I get.
Ford Bronco Possible issue with Whipple Intercooler and Tune IMG_5909

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you go back to your factory tune to see if that eliminates the issue?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Whipple support the Bronco Raptor? I only see the 2.7 for the stage 1 kit :unsure: .