Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Breptar - first, love the username, lol.

I also appreciate @Bareback Broncos posting that video for comparison, because you really want a thick intercooler to make the most out of the stock space. It's almost always the only dimension that can be increased in any stock vehicle and the performance increase is due to increased volume. For that performance, you will need to remove the active grille shutters and that's a tiny trade-off. I don't know about the Braptor but on the Badlands it was 4 bolts but required me removing the bumper.

I have the CVF on my 2.3L and made a thread after datalogging the performance(temperature) gains.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/squatch-tests-cvf-intercooler-for-2-3l-7m-badlands.84394/

Bareback Broncos

Big Bend
First Name
Mllton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice write up and thanks for the comments. I'll post an installation video soon. I have big plans for upgrades. The charge pipes will be next along with intake and custom tune. I was beta testing a boost controller, but it didn't like it when I was off roading.

OP
OP
Breptar

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the responses. I’m leaning towards the Cobb intercooler when the time comes. I guess anything would be better than stock.

Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello - does anyone have any information on which intercooler is “better” is one for efficient than the other? I’ve heard the COBB intercooler requires no modification, where the whipple requires you so modify the shutters?

Whipple Unit:
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=578

COBB unit:
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products...lack-factory-location-bronco-raptor-2022-2023

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Hey there!

We're actually running the Whipple on our Bronco Raptor and definitely love it. Not discrediting the other at all, but we do love our Whipple parts here at Lethal Performance!

If you'd like, check out the install video we did!

OP
OP
Breptar

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey there!

We're actually running the Whipple on our Bronco Raptor and definitely love it. Not discrediting the other at all, but we do love our Whipple parts here at Lethal Performance!

If you'd like, check out the install video we did!

Thank you. I snagged a tomahawk from you guys and catch can last week, but was undecided on the IC. I like the whipple, but the fact that it requires modification, made me question which IC to choose.

Do you know the core thickness and length of the whipple intercooler? I’m wondering if the Whipple unit it just thicker and that’s why you have to get rid of the flaps.

Thank you
Sponsored