First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Bronco Raptor will have to make significantly more power to offset its weight gain over the Jeep 392. Can the Bronco at least keep up with the existing F-150 Raptor Truck pound per horsepower ratio?

The Bronco Raptor curb weight is 5,773 lbs, the F-150 Raptor curb weight is 5,969 lbs and the Jeep 392 curb weight is 5,103 lbs.

In order for the Bronco Raptor to have the same lbs/1 HP and lbs/ 1 ft lbs of torque ratio as the F-150 Raptor it needs to have 433 hp and 490 ft lbs of torque.

In order for the Bronco Raptor to have the same lbs/1 HP and lbs/1 ft lbs of torque ratio as the Jeep 392 it needs to have 528 hp and 528 ft lbs of torque.

I don't expect the Bronco Raptor will beat the 392 Jeep weight to power ratio; however, I believe it could at least provide enough power to match the F-150 Raptor weight to power ratio (450 hp and 510 ft lbs of torque lbs) which equals to 433 hp and 490 ft lbs of torque in the Bronco Raptor.

Bronco Raptor 433 hp = F-150 Raptor 450 HP (when comparing weight to power ratio)
Bronco Raptor 490 ft lbs = F-150 Raptor 510 ft lbs (when comparing weight to power ratio)

What do you guys think, will they at least make the Bronco Raptor equal to the F-150 Raptor in the weight to power ratio department? Could they even exceed these numbers?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the Warthog will come in at 400HP and 450ft lbs. that is my guess.
Yeah, I can totally see that happening as well but I hope they are at least equal to the F-150 Raptor ratio maybe 435 hp and 490 ft lbs. Keeping my fingers crossed, who knows they could surprise us. The 3.5l Ford GT engine makes 647 hp and 550 ft lbs so anything is possible 🙂.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not making 450. Sorry bud. @Raptor911 is on point.

It doesn’t need to compete with anything. It has no competition. Wrangler has a big motor, it’s not competition

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not making 450. Sorry bud. @Raptor911 is on point.

It doesn’t need to compete with anything. It has no competition. Wrangler has a big motor, it’s not competition
Yeah, I can totally see that happening as well but I hope they are at least equal to the F-150 Raptor ratio maybe 435 hp and 490 ft lbs. Keeping my fingers crossed, who knows they could surprise us. The 3.5l Ford GT engine makes 647 hp and 550 ft lbs so anything is possible 🙂.
For everything we’ve seen it’s a 10r60, I can’t see them going much over 400.

Sponsored

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You also have to account for weight,
Bronco Raptor 5,750 lb
Wrangler 392 5,103 lbs

That extra 650 lbs affects the power to weight ratio, So ford looses this round, Jeep wins.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You also have to account for weight,
Bronco Raptor 5,750 lb
Wrangler 392 5,103 lbs

That extra 650 lbs affects the power to weight ratio, So ford looses this round, Jeep wins.
Yep, exactly which is why I have mentioned curb weight in the post. I was just demonstrating that if they want to even be equal with the F-150 Raptor weight to power ratio then the Bronco needs to make 433 hp and 490 ft lbs. I bring this up because the Bronco only weighs roughly about 250 lbs less than the F-150 Raptor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think they’ll match the F-150 Raptor numbers in at least power to weight ratio. This engine makes 400 HP in the Explorer ST, and they said they have a special tune and airflow mods on the Bronco Raptor.
If they just matched the F-150 Raptor power to weight ratio numbers I would be extremely happy with that decision, nothing more nothing less. If they exceed the numbers I would be even more happy 🙂. I imagine they have to match it at the minimum but I am open to surprises.

The magic power to weight ratio numbers to meet are 🙂:

433 hp
490 ft lbs

Last edited:

MileHighRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor (allocation confirmed)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
440/480 is my guess. They re-did the turbo plumbing and cylinder heads. Anybody who says 400 is wrong, that motor already makes 400 in lesser guise.

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
440/480 is my guess. They re-did the turbo plumbing and cylinder heads. Anybody who says 400 is wrong, that motor already makes 400 in lesser guise.
that’s really close to the Raptors 450/510. With a half liter less, that would be really strong numbers.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, exactly which is why I have mentioned curb weight in the post. I was just demonstrating that if they want to even be equal with the F-150 Raptor weight to power ratio then the Bronco needs to make 433 hp and 490 ft lbs. I bring this up because the Bronco only weighs roughly about 250 lbs less than the F-150 Raptor.
You realize these things aren’t sports car hence comparing power to weight ratio is the same as comparing the ground clearance of a Ferrari vs a Lamborghini. Moot points.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's funny cause the jeep has way more horsepower than it can safely use in a drag race or Baja style driving. Even with less power, the Bronco Raptor will overtake it and leave it for dead. Power is nothing without control.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You realize these things aren’t sports car hence comparing power to weight ratio is the same as comparing the ground clearance of a Ferrari vs a Lamborghini. Moot points.
[/QUOTE

Yeah I realize these are not sports cars and there is still nothing wrong with comparing weight to power ratios. Comparing weight ratio is still not the same thing as comparing clearance on a Ferrari or Lamborghini. I see that as a false equivalency.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.